My name is Abhik Banerjee, and I am the Membership Committee Chair of the American Physician Scientists Association (APSA), a non-profit organization dedicated to providing resources for aspiring physician scientist trainees. Physician-scientists are important to developing the future of medical advances and working to improve the way medicine is practiced in all different fields, and APSA is a great resource for undergraduates interested in academic medicine and applying to graduate training, including MD/PhD programs.

One of the goals of APSA is to provide opportunities for physican scientist trainees to develop skills needed for future careers in academic medicine and industry, including future trainee mentorship. To accomplish this goal and to provide insight to prospective graduate and professional school applicants, we are organizing our annual Undergraduate Mentorship program. The goal of this program is to connect APSA professional (MD, DO, MD/PhD, and DO/PhD) students with undergraduates who are interested in careers as physician-scientists in one-on-one mentor-mentee relationships.

The application is due soon (October 31st) so students should please APPLY soon<http://www.physicianscientists.org/?page=ugmentoring>!

Aside from our undergraduate mentorship program, undergraduate students can become associate members of APSA<http://www.physicianscientists.org/page/about_membership> to have access and up to date information about all of these opportunities. <http://www.physicianscientists.org/page/about_membership> We also can help students start local chapters if interested in developing more resources on a local level. Undergraduates can also find out more relevant information through the Undergraduate Resources webpage HERE<http://www.physicianscientists.org/?page=ugresources>!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Abhik Banerjee, MSII
American Physician Scientists Association 2017-2018 Membership Committee Chair
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
California Institute of Technology