Hello

My name is Devki Shukla and I am currently a first year medical student at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I am a part of the American Medical Women's Association (AMWA). This association brings together women involved in the healthcare sector, from physicians to supporters premedical students. The national organization works to improve both women's health and women's standing in the medical profession through a mix of advocacy, education, mentoring, and other programs.

The AMWA chapter at Mount Sinai is starting a mentorship program between current medical students at Mount Sinai and students who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare.  This program is designed to foster relationships between young female high school/undergraduate students and current medical students to guide and encourage their interest in medicine. Each pre-med student will get paired up with a mentor who has similar interests and will meet at least once a month.

We've created a google form for interested students to fill out and we would greatly appreciate it if you could distribute this link to students. We would ideally like to get students matched before winter break and have set the deadline for responses as 11/14.  The link for the google form is pasted below.

https://goo.gl/forms/Nx0nqrLxl1QQTeSn2<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__goo.gl_forms_Nx0nqrLxl1QQTeSn2&d=DwMGaQ&c=mRWFL96tuqj9V0Jjj4h40ddo0XsmttALwKjAEOCyUjY&r=_HCobFdLvmTnJ5LHSXLop2lmW7tYfuvLYwtDFL6nAtJtbvQn-K6Hi5_1pZVjNXRY&m=8omAFtT7m5_TSFRDfYS1h0_rhHDzTJ2YtdoloJ_YevY&s=IBhsWjzCGBVroXU16x8KT7igPr6ED9Aq94mwZL0KLAs&e=>

If you have any questions about the program please let me know! Thank you!

Best,

Devki Shukla
AMWA Mount Sinai Chapter