Position Details:
Multi-physician Dermatology and Internal Medicine practice located in the Flatiron in New York City is looking for bright, dedicated medical assistants with a degree. Our medical assistants work alongside physicians and are cross-trained to perform administrative and clinical duties.

Administrative Duties (may include, but not limited to):
Using computer applications
Answering telephones
Greeting patients
Updating and filing patient medical records
Scheduling appointments
Arranging for laboratory services

Clinical Duties (may include, but not limited to):
Taking medical histories
Explaining treatment procedures to patients
Preparing patients for examination
Assisting the physician during exams
Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
Instructing patients about medication and special diets
Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
Authorizing prescription refills as directed
Drawing blood (in-office training available)
Taking vitals
Removing sutures and changing dressings

This position requires a well-organized and responsible individual with excellent communication skills. Professional demeanor and high level of discretion required. This is an ideal position for pre-medical, nursing or health students taking time off between undergrad and medical/graduate school. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.

Salary is related to experience in the field.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>