Great full-time opportunity with Sage Project!

May May Leung, PhD, RDN

Associate Professor of Nutrition

Hunter College School of Urban Public Health

2180 Third Ave

New York, NY 10035

212.396.7774

---------

Community Manager for Personalized Nutrition Platform (Full Time)

We're Sage Project, a food and nutrition platform that is making food information more transparent, simple and personalized. We've partnered with Whole Foods and a bunch of food brands to create a new digital standard where consumers can access interactive content that breaks down food information -- personalized nutrition, if the product fits their specific dietary needs, what various ingredients mean, and much more.

We’re launching new Web and Mobile app platforms in early 2018, and we have an exciting new position available: Community Manager.

If you’re an upbeat community builder who is passionate about food and nutrition, we want to hear from you!  Your primary mission will be to help build our brand and community on and offline as we create new pathways for people to access personalized nutrition and food transparency.

Working directly with our VP Business Development and Marketing, you’ll be focused on building and growing our community from the ground up. This will involve conducting regular outreach to establish partnerships with influencers and dietary communities to support growing Sage Project’s user base, launching and managing an ambassador program, and supporting on our overall brand engagement and user growth strategy. This is a highly collaborative role and you’ll be intersecting with several team members!

Responsibilities include

Partnership Outreach

·  Conduct regular weekly outreach to influencers, brands, health practitioners, and dietary communities to promote Sage Project and establish marketing partnerships to drive users to our platform

·  Research potential conferences and strategic partnerships with associations to support growth in brand awareness and new users

·  Support on creating outreach collateral as needed (presentation decks, outreach templates, etc)

Ambassador Program

·  Launch a Beta Ambassador program in conjunction with our upcoming Web launch

·  Proactively recruit new ambassadors to join the program through targeted outreach

·  Manage and respond to Ambassador applications in a timely manner, screen applications, and make recommendations for recruitment

·  Create and manage 1-1 relationships with Ambassadors, establish partnerships, foster engagement and accountability

·  Create and manage our Ambassador Facebook group to build community and foster collaboration across Ambassadors in key regions.

·  Assist in creating program marketing materials

·  Manage Ambassador swag program - materials, budget, delivery of swag

Social Media and General Community Support

·  Monitor influencer/ambassador social channels and engage with them (like, share, comment on posts they do related to Sage Project)

·  Support our social media coordinator on content strategy for all social channels, email newsletters, and media communications as needed

·  Support social media coordinator on community engagement and customer service

Analytics

·  Use Google analytics to track referral traffic and sign-ups from community partnerships

·  Update user growth dashboard to report on user growth monthly, by source (group type, individual partners) and provide recommendations on which groups to continue investing in

·  Work with team to analyze which groups/types of users have best retention and collaborate on ways to increase engagement

Other:

·  Participate in events and tradeshows as needed; some travel required for the job; weekend and evening work on occasion.

Qualifications

·  Demonstrated interest in nutrition, health and wellness, and/or public health; a certification or degree in the field is an asset

·  Upbeat attitude and enjoys working with diverse groups of people

·  1-2 years experience in communications, marketing, social media is an asset

·  Excellent research and writing skills

·  Outgoing, loves meeting people, networking and good at public speaking/presenting

·  Highly responsive - provides excellent customer service

·  Great relationship builder:  empathetic with effective listening skills and a knack for developing mutually beneficial partnerships

·  Exceptional organizational and time-management skills; comfortable managing multiple projects and deadlines

·  Detail oriented: comfortable working with numbers, metrics, analyzing results

·  Persistent and comfortable following up to see things through to execution

·  Thrives in fast-paced environment and adapts well to change

·  Fast learner that can work well independently and within collaborative team environment

·  Believes wholeheartedly in Sage Project’s mission and wants to tell the story to the world

To Apply:

Email [log in to unmask] with your resume and a paragraph on why you’re interested in the role. We will be in touch with short-listed candidates with next steps.

About Sage Project:

Sage Project is a fast-growing food and nutrition company that is on the front lines of powering more transparency and personalized nutrition. For more information on our work, see:

New York Times - "An App to Deconstruct Your Food"
Wired - "Clever App Brings the Food Label Into the Modern Age"
Fast Company - "Turn Nutrition Labels Into Data Visualizations You Can Actually Use To Make Better Food Decisions"

--

Sam SloverCo-Founder & CEO

age Project

Read about us in The New York Times!