The Office of Graduate Education (OGE) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) will host its annual MIT Summer Research Program (MSRP) from June 10 – August 11, 2018.

I am writing to ask for your assistance in identifying talented underrepresented minority – particularly Black/African American, American Indian, Latinx/Hispanic, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander – and underserved undergraduate students who may benefit from a highly-competitive, 9-week, research-intensive experience. We are seeking emerging researchers interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in one of over thirty academic programs at MIT including architecture and planning; engineering; humanities, arts, and social sciences; and science. Additional program details, eligibility requirements and online application can be found on the web at http://mit.edu/msrp.

I am happy to answer any questions and look forward to the applicants you will send our way. Thank you in advance for your support in broadening participation in graduate education!

Sincerely,
Gloria Anglón
Assistant Dean of Graduate Education and Director of Diversity Initiatives
MIT Office of Graduate Education
[log in to unmask]  /  617-253-4846

PS: If you are not the original recipient, please consider joining the MIT OGE Diversity Initiatives mailing list for Colleagues (Faculty/Staff) or Prospective Students to receive announcements about our programs.

MIT SUMMER RESEARCH PROGRAM
Amazing | Unforgettable | Enlightening | Life-Changing

OPPORTUNITIES

  • Conduct research in state of the art facilities
  • Receive supervision from MIT faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and advanced graduate students
  • Attend weekly academic and professional development seminars
  • Participate in numerous community activities at MIT and in the Boston/Cambridge area
  • MIT provides a weekly stipend, roundtrip travel, and on-campus housing

ELIGIBILITY

  • Currently enrolled college Sophomores, Juniors, and non-graduating Seniors
  • Attend a US home institution (or its territories)
  • 3.5 GPA (Based on 4.0 scale)
  • Have genuine interest in research and obtaining PhD
  • African American, Latino, Native American, Native Hawaiian & Pacific Islander, first-generation students, and students from low socio-economic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply

DATES:  June 10 - August 11, 2018

MIT Summer Research Program (MSRP General) 2017 Highlight Video

Learn more about the experience of our MSRP 2017 Research Interns!

QUESTIONS?
MSRP FAQs

617-253-8453

IDENTIFY YOUR RESEARCH AREA
MIT faculty, departments and research groups participate in MSRP based on the admitted applicants’ areas of interest.

ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
@ MIT and beyond via Pathways of Science database