Hello everyone,

Hope your holidays are going well and you are spending them with those you love! I am writing here to propose a new “pilot” volunteering program, called Years Young, that will be starting up in the Shore View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center located on 2865 Brighton 3rd Street Brooklyn, NY 11235. This program was started to give our youth a chance to make meaningful impacts in lives of older individuals.

   I, personally, volunteered in the rehabilitation department at my local hospital and grew a small connection to an older woman there. She told me that her family lived in New Jersey and they rarely visited her. She would tell me stories about her childhood, her family, and we even played her favorite card game. In those 4 hours of being there, she was very grateful to share that moment with me and was sad that time flew by so fast. Having this program available would allow us to be there for those that may feel alone and just need a friend to talk to. Taking a few hours of our week to help elderly people that have such stories to share would make a big difference in their lives and even health.

    Years Young is starting in a nursing and rehabilitation center that has a large Russian speaking population but also people that are English speakers. I am reaching out to those of you that are willing to start a relationship, help out staff in the center, and engage in activities to make life more enjoyable and peaceful for the people in the center. I hope this program can flourish and we can expand to multiple centers one day! If you are interested in this kind of volunteering program, please email [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your time and wishing you all the best!!

Happy Holidays

Best Regards,

J.D. Blanco

Pre-Health Advising Office Executive Assistant

(212) 772-5244