SUNY Upstate Medical University and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry have recently been awarded a SUNY Performance Improvement Fund grant to expand our Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program to triple its current size. This newly enlarged program will offer students the opportunity to perform research from a wide variety of perspectives (basic science, medicine, nursing, environmental health, and physical therapy).   The aim of the SURF program is to nurture undergraduate students into careers that combine biomedical research into their chosen profession, providing them an understanding of research across disciplines and fields. We are specifically looking for students interested in pursuing a PhD, MS, MD, MD/PhD, DNP, DPT, MPH, and PA.  Depending on a student’s research interests, the students is paired with a faculty member in one of our 5 colleges (Graduate Studies, Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing and SUNY ESF) to learn more about those professions and to perform cutting edge research.  All students will interact throughout the ten-week program allowing them to see research from many different facets by participating in inter-professional education events.  Students who are underrepresented minorities are especially encouraged to apply.

If you know of a prospective candidate, can you please share our program website and attached flyer with them and encourage them to apply?

http://upstate.edu/grad/programs/summer.php