Dear Hunter Premeds:

Please find below additional information on the opportunity to get an MCAT scholarship from Altius and to potentially work for them as an MCAT tutor next year. Many students received an email earlier this week and have been calling Altius with questions. Here are most of the relevant answers:

WHAT IS IT? Altius would like to open an on-site version of our 1-on-1 MCAT Prep Course  at CUNY-Hunter College next year. We've identified Hunter because we've experienced a positive reception there from students/advisors and because we have several HUNTER students currently taking the online version of this same 1-on-1 MCAT program. In order to have a self-sustaining mentoring program on-campus next year, we need mentors next year from Hunter. Our plan is to create those MCAT Mentors by taking 6-12 students this year and training them while having them complete the Altius MCAT course themselves. Students who score in the 515+ range will be hired as 1-on-1 mentors by Altius next year (at very good pay rates of $25-30/1 hour session).

HOW MUCH IS THE SCHOLARSHIP? We are not offering any free rides. If you meet the qualifications and are serious about being a mentor for future students next year, we will pay for about 20% of your tuition. If you would like to take the Altius program for a spring/summer MCAT test date but do not want to be a tutor next year, we can still give you a small discount, but the scholarships are reserved for those in the tutor training track.

WHICH PROGRAM SHOULD I TAKE? If you accept one of the scholarships we prefer that you take at least the Gold Program. This program includes "Mastery Sessions" that are not included in the Silver program. To lead Mastery Sessions effectively next year you would need to experience them yourself as a student. In extreme cases, we may consider a Silver student, but Gold students are preferred. Program options are found here: http://altiustestprep.com/programs.

WHEN CAN I TAKE THE MCAT? In order to qualify for the scholarship and tutor training tack, we would like you to take the exam in late May or early June. You could take it later if you aren't quite ready by then, but we cannot accept April examinees (unless you postpone your exam). If you are applying this cycle, we will help you get your AMCAS application submitted the first week of June so that you are an early applicant.

WHEN/WHERE ARE CLASSES? All classes are held online via our virtual classroom and face-to-face webinar software. This is high-quality HD video and enhanced audio; and it is LIVE, not a recorded session. You will need to attend class 3-4 times per week. For all classes, you get to choose from either an early session (5PM EST), or a late session (8PM EST) Mon-Friday, plus two options on Saturday. Private 1-on-1 Tutoring will also be held weekly, but you will pick that time with your tutor.

WHEN DO THE CLASSES START? Classes have just begun and this week is the final week you can enroll--at least for this program/opportunity. We will have a Summer Full-Immersion Program option later this year, but the tutor training and scholarship opportunity is only available for students preparing between January and May/June 2018.

WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP? If you are certain that you are willing to WORK HARD betwene now and late May or June, if you are certain you would be willing to tutor Hunter students next year, and if you are committed mentally and emotionally to getting a score in the 520 range, you are welcome to join our tutor training track by enrolling in a Gold Program. You can use the code: LKCSCHOLAR500 during enrollment to take $500 off your tuition. If you cannot enroll in the Gold Program you will need to call and speak to us prior to enrolling. After you have enrolled using this code, one of our tutor training representatives will reach out to you to discuss further details.

Warm Regards,

Lauren Curtis

Founder & CEO

Altius Test PRep