INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 3, 2018

BACKGROUND

The New York Foundation is requesting applications for an internship in philanthropy. We are seeking a young person interested in learning about our grant-making approach and practice. The intern will participate in the grant review process at all levels for a period of ten weeks from June through August 2018.

The New York Foundation is a steadfast supporter of community organizing and advocacy in New York City. We believe that the resilience and vitality of its neighborhoods is the city’s greatest resource. Our grants support community-initiated solutions to solve local problems, constituents mobilizing for adequate and equitable resources, and groups organizing a collective voice among those whose voices have not been heard. Last year, the New York Foundation awarded $2.6 million in grants.

TIME FRAME AND STIPEND

·         Ten weeks: June through August 2018

·         Full-time: 35 hours per week

·         Stipend: $600 per week, plus unlimited MetroCard

QUALIFICATIONS

·         Current junior or senior undergraduate students preferred

·         Commitment to public service in New York City

·         Interest in philanthropy, social justice, and the non-profit sector

·         Strong communication and organizational skills

·         Ability to work independently and manage time effectively

·         Demonstrate analytical and research skills

·         Ability to collaborate with supervisor

·         Willingness to travel to neighborhoods in all boroughs of New York City

RESPONSIBILITIES

·         Read and evaluate proposals

·         Interact with grantees and represent the Foundation at meetings and site visits

·         Manage the New York Foundation Summer Internship in Community Organizing program

·         Prepare site visit reports

·         Write a summary evaluation of the program

APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE

·         Please mail resume and letter of interest to:
New York Foundation, Attn: Summer Internship, 10 East 34th Street, Fl 10, NY, NY 10016

·         All applications must be submitted by Tuesday, April 3, 2018

·         No phone calls, faxes, or emails

Click here to  apply: http://nyf.org/internship-opportunity/