INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
BACKGROUND
The New York Foundation is requesting applications for an internship in philanthropy. We are seeking a young person interested in learning about our grant-making approach and practice. The intern will participate in the grant review process at all levels for a period of ten weeks from June through August 2018.
The New York Foundation is a steadfast supporter of community organizing and advocacy in New York City. We believe that the resilience and vitality of its neighborhoods is the city's greatest resource. Our grants support community-initiated solutions to solve local problems, constituents mobilizing for adequate and equitable resources, and groups organizing a collective voice among those whose voices have not been heard. Last year, the New York Foundation awarded $2.6 million in grants.
TIME FRAME AND STIPEND
*         Ten weeks: June through August 2018
*         Full-time: 35 hours per week
*         Stipend: $600 per week, plus unlimited MetroCard
QUALIFICATIONS
*         Current junior or senior undergraduate students preferred
*         Commitment to public service in New York City
*         Interest in philanthropy, social justice, and the non-profit sector
*         Strong communication and organizational skills
*         Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
*         Demonstrate analytical and research skills
*         Ability to collaborate with supervisor
*         Willingness to travel to neighborhoods in all boroughs of New York City
RESPONSIBILITIES
*         Read and evaluate proposals
*         Interact with grantees and represent the Foundation at meetings and site visits
*         Manage the New York Foundation Summer Internship in Community Organizing program
*         Prepare site visit reports
*         Write a summary evaluation of the program
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
*         Please mail resume and letter of interest to:
New York Foundation, Attn: Summer Internship, 10 East 34th Street, Fl 10, NY, NY 10016
*         All applications must be submitted by Tuesday, April 3, 2018
*         No phone calls, faxes, or emails

Click here to  apply: http://nyf.org/internship-opportunity/