Summer Undergraduate Research Experience<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure.html>
Why Choose Us?
Limited enrollment<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure.html> Meaningful, collaborative research<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure.html>, Cutting-edge research options<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure.html>, Present your research<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure.html>

Who Is This For?

Our program provides you with research experience in a state-of-the-art biomedical research laboratory as a prelude to pursuing a PhD.  At the end of our program, you'll know if a biomedical research science career is right for you.

Why Should You Apply?

Your exposure to high caliber research in our program will help you decide if a career in biomedical research is for you. Your experience in our program can be your foot in the door to our PhD program<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/phdprogram.html> or one at another university.

How to Choose a Summer Research Program<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/choosing-a-summer-research-program.html>

Discover how to select a summer program that provides valuable research fundamentals and enables you to explore a potential career path in biomedical research.
Learn about how to choose a summer research program <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/choosing-a-summer-research-program.html>

What Will You Do?

You will conduct research as part of a research team in one of our participating departments:

  *   Biochemistry <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/biochemistry.html>
  *   Biomedical Engineering <http://engineering.buffalo.edu/biomedical>
  *   Biomedical Informatics <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/departments/biomedical-informatics.html>
  *   Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/ggb.html>
  *   Microbiology and Immunology <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/departments/micro.html>
  *   Neuroscience <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/neuroscience.html>
  *   Oral Biology <http://dental.buffalo.edu/departments/oral-biology.html>
  *   Pathology and Anatomical Sciences <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/departments/pathology.html>
  *   Pharmacology and Toxicology <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/departments/pharmtox.html>
  *   Physiology and Biophysics <http://medicine.buffalo.edu/departments/physiology.html>
  *   Structural Biology <http://www.hwi.buffalo.edu/>

Important Details
Program Dates

May 29 to August 3, 2018 (10 weeks)

Stipend

$3,500

Eligibility

U.S. citizens or permanent residents in their junior year at the time of application. We do not accept pre-medical students.

Housing

On-campus housing is provided.

How to Apply

Apply online right now<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure/apply_sure.html>. In addition to the online application, you will need to submit your undergraduate transcripts and a personal statement separately. You will also need a letter of recommendation, submitted directly by your reference.

Application Deadline

February 5, 2018
Apply Now<http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure/apply_sure.html>