This email is a paid announcement being sent as a service to

California University of Science and Medicine.

 Please direct your inquiries to them.

Inspire, Motivate and Empower Healthcare Leaders of Tomorrow

New Medical School's MD Program Open for Applications

The California University of Science and Medicine-School of Medicine (CUSM School of Medicine), located in beautiful Southern California, is now accepting applications for the inaugural class that begins this August. We received preliminary accreditation from the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) on February 14, 2018. We are participating in AMCAS and are listed as a school for students to apply.

We would like to take a moment to introduce you to who we are and what makes us unique.

  • The CUSM School of Medicine, a private, not-for-profit medical school, was created with a mission to improve healthcare by training exceptional physicians with a special dedication to serving underserved areas, especially in areas like the Inland Empire of Southern California where the school will be established.
  • We have assembled a dynamic and exciting group of medical educators, trained in basic and medical sciences, the majority of whom hold both MD and PhD degrees.
  • We have developed an exceptional curriculum that focuses on the integration of the basic and clinical sciences in the context of clinical cases.
  • Students will be provided with voice-over-PowerPoint presentations, created by faculty, to supplement their studies.
  • The curriculum is focused on an active learning model that employs flipped-classroom pedagogy, labs, small-group learning, and clinical presentations.
  • Students will be assigned to Colleges (Learning Communities) and provided with both basic-science and clinical mentors.
  • Our initial class will have space for sixty-students.
  • Our admissions requirements are provided on our website. Please visit calmedu.org
  • We will soon break ground for a multi-million dollar state of the art medical education building to be built next to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, CA. Our current 40,000 square foot facility located at 217 E. Club Center Dr., Suite A, San Bernardino, CA 92408, serves as the temporary location as the new medical education building is constructed.

Please review our printable, downloadable Fact Sheet.

We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about our MD program at your earliest convenience.

Our deadline for receipt of applications for this admissions cycle is April 15, 2018.

Please share this information with your students who are seeking to attend medical school this fall.

Our leaders would like to visit you and your students, at a mutually convenient time, on your campus. Correspondingly, if you would like to visit us, we would be most happy to facilitate your request. Please feel free to contact me personally at [log in to unmask] or our Director of Student Affairs and Admissions, Maria Neelands, PhD, at [log in to unmask] if we may be of further service.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of meeting you personally in the not too distant future.

Sincerely,

A. Peter Eveland, EdD

Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions

Professor of Medical Education

Our Values

COMMUNITY-FOCUSED

Commit to educating future physicians who will embrace the responsibility for improving the health and healthcare needs of minority and underserved communities and be advocates for the elimination of health disparities.

ACCOUNTABILITY

Accept individual and collective responsibility to direct education, research and service activities to address the priority health concerns that span from the local to the global community.

LEADERSHIP

Create positive change in educational policy and processes in order to develop and train competent physicians who, through the demonstration of empathy and care for their patients, will occupy leadership roles in the practice of medicine at all levels.

MOTIVATION

Inspire, shape and mold the character of students through dedicated faculty and creative, innovative teaching methods.

EXCELLENCE

Achieve consistent outstanding levels of performance which exceed the expectations of our students while upholding the highest standards of ethical behavior, intellectual honesty, and professional conduct.

DIVERSITY

Promote, cultivate and respect the ethnic, intellectual, social and cultural diversity of students, faculty and patients in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment.

ACADEMIC PLANNING FOR THE CALMED CURRICULUM

California University of Science and Medicine-School of Medicine (CUSM School of Medicine) supports the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) premise that, "medical schools should promote the least restrictive path to medical school in order to increase the likelihood that students can come from a variety of disciplines, majors, and backgrounds." To that end, CUSM School of Medicine has embraced a growing trend found in the nation's top medical schools to not require any specified prerequisite coursework, while highlighting and recommending courses that we believe would help the successful matriculant navigate our curriculum and prepare them for the practice of medicine.

The prudent student will know and understand the subject matter of the MCAT and set a course of study that leads to mastery of its content. This generally obligates students to take courses in biology, biochemistry, physics, math, multiple laboratory courses as applicable, and English.

Applicants are encouraged to explore the wide variety of educational offerings available, while they have the opportunity to do so. Our Admissions Committee supports students taking courses in the humanities, women's studies, multicultural issues, ethics, behavioral sciences, social sciences, and statistics. CUSM-SOM (CalMed) views the social sciences, behavioral sciences, languages, as well as biomedical sciences and related courses, to be important in creating a well-rounded physician.

A. Peter Eveland, EdD

Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions

Professor of Medical Education

California University of Science and Medicine

217 E Club Center Dr., Suite A

San Bernardino, CA 92408

909-954-3502