In the United States alone, 40 percent of food gets tossed every year—and that amounts to $162 billion in waste annually, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council.

Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a national 501(c)3 non-profit food rescue organization headquartered in New York City that provides solutions to prevent excess wholesome cuisine from being wasted.

We are seeking a Volunteer Outreach Associate to recruit Lead Rescuers to our cause! Lead Rescuers are volunteers that commit to the same pickup each week for over four months at a time. Because of our exponential growth, we need enough consistent volunteers in New York City to keep up with our food partner pickups. Your job as a Volunteer Outreach Associate is to ensure the growth of our pool of committed rescuers.

This part-time position is 20 hours a week at $10 per hour.

Please send a resume and cover letter to Sandra at [log in to unmask].

Check us out on Facebook!