Dear Colleagues,

We look forward to welcoming Luigi Zingales (Chicago) for the NYC Media Seminar on Wednesday, April 4.   I do not yet have confirmation on the paper for the talk, so I instead will direct you to Luigiā€™s web page with many useful insights on media and financial markets. Looking ahead, on Wednesday, May 2 we host Adam Szeidl (Central European University). The full schedule with papers can be found here and here.

We meet at AMC Networks, 11 Penn Plaza on 7th Avenue between 31st and 32nd Streets. Logistics have been very smooth: after checking in at the security desk (with a photo id), individuals head directly to the 17th floor conference room 17-A.  Please RSVP to Lisa George at [log in to unmask] or to Miklos Sarvary at  [log in to unmask] to expedite check-in.

We are always looking to extend our community -- please share this message widely and encourage colleagues to attend.

The goal of the seminar is to link economists in the greater New York area working on media topics by providing a regular forum to connect with media research in economics, marketing and beyond.  The seminar is open to all researchers with access to New York City and draws speakers from across the US and abroad. The seminar is jointly organized by Lisa George at Hunter College and Miklos Sarvary at Columbia Business School and has been generously supported by the Columbia Media Program.

Seminars are held the first Wednesday of each month during the academic year.  The sessions begin at 10am with coffee, followed by a 90-minute presentation and discussion.

To stay informed about the series, register for the listserv by sending an email to [log in to unmask]with SUBSCRIBE MEDIANYC-L in the e-mail message body (and nothing else).

Miklos and I look forward to seeing you next week!

Lisa George, Hunter College

Miklos Sarvary, Columbia Business School

To unsubscribe from the MEDIANYC-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(MEDIANYC-L,SIGNOFF);