Happy National Volunteer Month

Welcome to the April edition of Dear Volunteer, a letter from NYC Service to our volunteer community highlighting opportunities for you to #ServeNYC.

National Service Applications are Open!

NYC Service is pleased to share the opportunity for New Yorkers to #ServeNYC through one of our AmeriCorps programs. Our members serve in City agencies or nonprofit organizations full-time while developing skills, gaining work experience, and earning an education award.

Spread the word about this opportunity to serve your city and reach your potential!

Apply, Learn More, & RSVP for an Info Session at nyc.gov/ServeNYC.

Celebrate Companies that are #GoodforNYC

We're recognizing civically engaged companies for National Volunteer Month. The Good for Me. Good for My City Campaign supports businesses in their efforts to engage their NYC employees in volunteerism. 34 corporate partners collectively pledged to engage nearly 50,000 of their NYC-based employees in volunteerism in 2018, with a subset commitment to engage 7,000+ of these employees as volunteer mentors to high school students.​

Spread the word about civically engaged businesses driving change in our City!

Open Data Event for NYC Youth

NYC Open Data is a FREE online resource for anyone in NYC with a smartphone to access information. Join other high school students on April 25th and learn how to use the platform to investigate issues you care about in your neighborhood, school, or the places you hang out.

RSVP to attend the workshop on April 25th http://bit.ly/2GTSFw8!

Are You Interested in Engaging Your Elementary School Students in Service?

The Youth Service Summit is an extraordinary day of service that will inspire, equip, and mobilize youth from schools across the city to become agents of change. New York City public school elementary students in grades 3-5 will participate in a variety of meaningful service projects led by NYC high school students. Service activities will impact local and global issues including hunger, homelessness, the environment, health, and animal rescue. The event will include a reflection session and call to action, in which students will be encouraged to devise projects they can implement in their school or community.

The Youth Service Summit will take place on Friday, May 25, 2018, from 9:30am-1:30pm.

Applications are due by 5:00pm on Monday, April 16, 2018.

Click here to share the flyer. Click here for more information and to apply.
For questions, email [log in to unmask]
.

Help mentoring organizations support high school students across New York City! You can #MentorNYC & help students graduate high school and achieve their goals.

Become a volunteer mentor at nyc.gov/mentornyc

Help nonprofits provide #FreeTaxPrep before tax season is over on April 17th! Volunteer to help NYC families file their taxes for free. Various roles available, training provided.

Sign up today at nyc.gov/volunteertaxprep

It's My Park Community Cleanup

Help care for parks across the city by lending a hand to beautify a neighborhood green space. It’s My Park offers opportunities to give back by cleaning, painting, weeding, planting, and more.

Volunteer at Daniel O'Connell Playground at Murdock Ave & 197th Street, St. Albans, NY Saturday, May 12th Noon - 3PM.
No registration required. Show up and bring a friend.

You Don't Need Superpowers to #ServeNYC

Happy National Volunteer Month! Volunteers play a vital role in our City and we thank you for being one of 8.6M New Yorkers, Together, Serving Each Other. Our National Service programs also offer New Yorkers a paid opportunity to serve at a nonprofit or City agency full-time and support their mission. Learn more about National Service programs at nyc.gov/servenyc.

Show #UnityThroughService
Share your volunteer story or encourage someone else to share theirs: https://t.co/dj4zZ9NG0O.

Contact us at [log in to unmask]

Copyright © 2018 NYCService, All rights reserved.