Hi Paul

I agree that the translation issue can be tricky, but ironically the use of
"critical" in critical thinking is problematic even in English with most
people taking it to have a negative connotation: that CT is just about
criticizing arguments rather than "reasonable and reflective thinking".

Mark

Dr. Mark Battersby
Critical Inquiry Group
Professor Emeritus Department of Philosophy
Capilano University