Dear Colleagues,

The final NYC Media Seminar of the season is approaching!  On Wednesday, June 7, James Siderius (MIT CS) will present A Model of Online Misinformation.

As we close the season, Miklos and I very much appreciate paper suggestions for next year.  Past and present schedules are available on the seminar web sites  here and here.

The NYC Media seminar meets the first Wednesday of each month during the academic year.  We open the room at 10 for coffee, the seminar runs 10:30-12:00.  We meet this year at Evercore, 55 East 52nd Street, close to Grand Central Terminal.  To simplify security protocols, please RSVP to Lisa or Miklos if you plan to attend.

The goal of the seminar is to link economists in the greater New York area working on media topics by providing a regular forum to connect with media research in economics, marketing and beyond.  The seminar is open to all researchers and draws speakers from across the US and abroad.  The seminar is jointly organized by Lisa George at Hunter College and Miklos Sarvary at Columbia Business School and has been generously supported by the Columbia Media Program.

To receive papers and updates please register for the seminar listserv by sending an email to [log in to unmask]ny.edu with SUBSCRIBE MEDIANYC-L in the e-mail message body (and nothing else).   Please help us welcome new members by sharing this message with colleagues, students and others interested in media research.

Miklos and I look forward to seeing you next week!

Lisa George, Hunter College

Miklos Sarvary, Columbia Business School

To unsubscribe from the MEDIANYC-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(MEDIANYC-L,SIGNOFF);