Dear Colleagues,

I write with updates for the 2023-2024 season of the NYC Media Seminar!

Our series commences on Wednesday, October 4.  We have three interesting talks scheduled for the fall.  On October 4, Joshua Schwartzstein (HBS) will present  Sharing Models to Interpret Data. On November 1, Holger Sieg (University of Pennsylvania) will present Access and Exposure to Local News Media in the Digital Era: Evidence from U.S. Media Markets. On December 6, Imke Reimers (Cornell) will present The First Sale Doctrine and the Digital Challenge to Public Libraries.  I will announce the spring lineup once all dates are finalized.  Past and present schedules are available on the seminar web sites here and here.

The seminar meets the first Wednesday of each month during the academic year.  We gather  starting at 10:00 for coffee and conversation, with the seminar running 10:30-12:00.  We meet this year at A Wonder Media Company, 1 Penn Plaza, New York City, located adjacent to Penn Station.  To simplify security protocols, please RSVP to Lisa or Miklos if you plan to attend.

The goal of the seminar is to link economists in the greater New York area working on media topics by providing a regular forum to connect with media research in economics, marketing and beyond.  The seminar is open to all researchers and draws speakers from across the US and abroad.  The seminar is jointly organized by Lisa George at Hunter College and Miklos Sarvary at Columbia Business School and has been generously supported by the Columbia Media Program.  To receive papers and updates please register for the seminar listserv by sending an email to [log in to unmask] with SUBSCRIBE MEDIANYC-L in the e-mail message body (and nothing else).

As we start a new academic year, please help us welcome new members by sharing this message with colleagues, students and others interested in media research.

Miklos and I look forward to seeing you on October 4!

Lisa George, Hunter College

Miklos Sarvary, Columbia Business School

To unsubscribe from the MEDIANYC-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(MEDIANYC-L,SIGNOFF);