PREBUSINESS-L Archives

July 2014

PREBUSINESS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Shoki Se <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Announcements for students exploring business careers and graduate schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:45:17 +0000
Please click on https://www.paperlesspost.com/about/jobs to apply for any of the jobs below.

1. User Support Associate Our User Relations Reps don’t read answers out of manuals; they serve as an ambassador and the first line of defense for the company, interacting with customers, analyzing feedback, and working with our product and development teams to ensure feature changes and developments match real-world needs.

We’re looking for someone with excellent communications skills, user relations experience, and an interest in the tech startup scene - it is essential that you love talking to customers and working with internal team members to analyze issues, learn from them, and create solutions that improve our site in the long term.  The ideal candidate will be an empathetic problem solver who is smart, organized, and shares our customer-first approach.

As our customers are all over the US (and, increasingly, the world) we’re looking for someone able to work non-standard hours to ensure we are responsive during peak times.  This role will join a small but mighty support team and report to the Director of User Support.

Responsibilities:

  *   Stay familiar with our site and its offerings so as to quickly and best respond to customer questions

  *   Troubleshoot and respond to customer questions and issues over the phone and via email

  *   Record major issues and trends for team and company analysis

  *   Relay issues to internal tech team

  *   Maintain external Help pages and internal resource docs so that they’re always up to date

Qualifications:

  *   1-2 years customer support experience with a track record of working independently

  *   Passion for our product, compassion for our customers

  *   Self-motivated, patient, and analytical

  *   Fantastic written and verbal communication skills (comfort on the phone is a must); superb interpersonal skills

  *   An endless curiosity for our site and product and users

2. Executive Assistant

We're seeking a resourceful, organized, enthusiastic Executive Assistant for our senior leadership team.  We’re seeking someone who has an eye for details, a passion for execution, and the ability to seamlessly weave daily deliverables into the busy schedules of others.  In this role you’ll support our two co-founders and COO and handle a wide range of administrative tasks.  We work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously - this is a great role for someone looking to learn more about the tech/startup world with an interest in office operations. The role reports to the CEO.

Responsibilities:

  *   Manage CEO’s daily schedule and any scheduling communication

  *   Prioritize internal and external requests (phone, email, and in-person) to the CEO, making sure timely responses are given

  *   Coordinate any necessary travel

  *   Reconcile monthly expense reports; track invoices that needed reviewing/sign off

  *   Ensure executives are prepared for meetings and that any in-house meetings are properly set up (ex: video conference set up, other attendees are ready, etc.)

  *   Handle light research requests

  *   Help organize small team events and outings

  *   Scanning/faxing/filing

  *   Occasional errands (getting delivered lunches from our building lobby, having packages messengered, etc.)

Requirements:

  *   BA or BS Degree

  *   1-3 years relevant work experience (ex: executive support, project management)

  *   Superb written and verbal communication skills

  *   Excellent eye for details

  *   Organized, organized, organized, organized

  *   Strong knowledge of Google apps and the Microsoft Suite

  *   Personable, service-oriented, honest, flexible, discreet

  *   Proven ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment

3. Visual Designer

We’re looking for an exceptional Visual Designer to bring their expertise to our Product Design team. The ideal candidate should be comfortable in a startup environment and know that design is about visual communication and language. This person will also be a sharp, creative problem solver who is passionate about clean, compelling, high quality design and wants to contribute in multiple dimensions to shape and define the Paperless Post web and mobile experience. This person will work within a small and talented design team, and closely with our Product, Engineering, and QA teams to iteratively refine the way our users interact with our web-based and mobile products throughout all phases of the product cycle.  Here's what we're envisioning for the new design<http://goo.gl/6c7WUS> of Paperless Post.
<http://goo.gl/6c7WUS%20>

Responsibilities:

     *   Collaborate with the Product team to develop and establish user-centric, interactive visual designs

     *   Design new and creative approaches that facilitate user understanding and logical manner

     *   Produce design elements for site development and collaborate with the development team to ensure visual consistency

     *   Contribute to and maintain the style guide for mobile web, iOS, and desktop web

Requirements:

     *   2+ years of design experience with Photoshop, Fireworks, or similar tools. Experience with designing for touch and/or mobile interfaces is a plus

     *   Bachelor's Degree in Design- or User Experience-related major. HCI related degree and/or course work a plus.

     *   Understanding of HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities

     *   Knowledge of user-centered design principles and web design best practices/standards

     *   A passion for product and web application design and an aesthetic understanding of what Paperless Post is and could be

     *   Able to thrive in a fluid startup environment, able to both take direction and go beyond what is asked for you

     *   Must be a great team player and an effective collaborator with excellent communication skills. It is essential that you are able to present your design rationale based on our brand, user goals, and usability, rather than personal opinion

     *   A current and review-ready portfolio demonstrating strong user interface and visual design work.

Sandra Shih (Shoki Se)
Pre-Business Advisor
Hunter College
695 Park Avenue E 1004