If you are statistically minded, and enjoy analyzing large pools of proprietary data, we would love to speak with you regarding an immediate hiring need along-side our growing NYC-based team.

What is SumZero?

SumZero was founded by Divya Narendra (former co-founder of ConnectU) with the intent of disrupting the way professional investors share information and adding transparency to the investment management industry. Since its inception in 2008, SumZero has grown to become the largest online community for hedge fund, mutual fund, and private equity professionals with nearly every well-known fund represented in the userbase, including Tiger Management, Hound Partners, and many other multi-billion dollar funds. Learn more about SumZero here: sumzero.com/about.

What would a data scientist do at SumZero?

On a daily basis, SumZero aggregates the proprietary thoughts and investment returns of some of the most elite and highly trained professional investors in the world. Understanding this information is paramount to improving the value of this community and maximizing engagement among SumZero contributors. Analyzing data is paramount to iterating over and improving SumZero’s existing products, but also in determining which new product initiatives are most compelling.

What are we looking for?

·         B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in a statistical or quantitative field

·         Excellent statistical intuition

·         Expertise with at least 1 major statistical software package (e.g. MATLAB, Stata, etc.)

·         Superb communication skills

·         Experience in working with large data sets

·         A curiosity for understanding the intersection of financial and social media data

·         The ideal candidate will also have experience working with and cleaning raw financial data and/or basic knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Rails/Ruby, SQL).

What can SumZero offer you?

·         The opportunity to work with an incredible team. We have all worked together for a number of years, and have launched and exited numerous other start-ups successfully.

·         Competitive base salary, significant equity, health benefits, professional training.

·         True potential for career growth. We want you to be an equity partner for the long-run.

·         A lean, flexible, and fun culture. No bureaucracy or politics. We don't care about where you work as much as we do about great results.

How to apply?

If interested, please email [log in to unmask] with a resume.

SumZero, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.

Sandra Shih (Shoki Se)

Pre-Business Advisor

Hunter College

695 Park Avenue E 1004