Galt & Company, a small management consulting firm focused on Value Based Management, is looking to hire a number of consultants with 1-3 years experience in consulting, finance, or a related field. The position allows you to live anywhere in the US (ideally near a major airport) because it requires 4 days of travel per week (work from home on Fridays!). See below for more details.

Job Title: Management Consultant
Company: Galt & Company
Location: Nationwide
www.galtandco.com<http://www.galtandco.com/>

About Galt & Company
Galt & Company is a management consulting firm that works with senior management of Fortune 200 companies to deliver significant shareholder value growth over time: we make our client companies more valuable. We hold ourselves jointly accountable with our clients for delivering tangible performance improvement and having an enduring impact on the capabilities of our client’s organization. As generalists, we work across industries and functional areas, but we specialize in helping companies develop the strategies and decision processes that accelerate profitable growth.

Job Description
As a consultant at Galt & Company, you will be part of a joint client and consultant team, working to identify the highest value-at-stake issues facing the client company, evaluating alternative strategies for addressing the issues, and developing and executing practical and actionable implementation plans to turn such strategies into real results. This includes developing a thorough and fact-based understanding of the client’s economics as well as those of their market, customers and competitors. On a day to day basis, you will be expected to
(1)   Structure and execute specific pieces of analysis
(2)   Effectively and efficiently communicate to the client the business and organizational implications generated your analysis and work
(3)   Work with the client to identify and evaluate alternatives to address these implications
(4)   Translate agreed upon actions into tangible implementation plans and performance commitments

Your performance and ambition will drive your professional growth at Galt, not your tenure. While there are clear and helpful guidelines to provide a framework for your career development, they are an aid to accelerate your contribution and not rigid rules to drive a fixed career path or set time for advancement. Outstanding results are recognized both by roles on the team and in our advantaged compensation system.

We serve clients globally, although a majority of work occurs in the United States. Our consultants spend three-to-four days a week at the client site and the remainder in their home office. Consultants can live wherever they like, as long as they are near an airport. While there are almost always international work opportunities, there is no requirement for our consultants to be able to work overseas; but if you want to there is ample opportunity.

Job Qualifications
Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of success in their education and professional experiences. Solid problem solving and analytical skills are required, along with a basic understanding of finance and accounting.

Applications
 Please send resumes to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with a cover letter if interested. The first round of interviews will be taking place on September 8th, with more interview days to be scheduled throughout the fall and winter.

Sandra Shih (Shoki Se)
Pre-Business Advisor
Hunter College
695 Park Avenue E 1004