COMHEALUMNI-L Archives

May 2015

COMHEALUMNI-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Kim McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2015 15:42:03 +0000
The following message has been sent on behalf of Charles Platkni

  Dear students,
DEADLINE: MAY 22, 2015
The CUNY Center for Student Entrepreneurship Incubator is recruiting for the Fall 2015 cohort class.  Information about the incubator, our offerings and some success stories follow.  If you know of any students with an innovative business up and running or one they have begun working on we would be interested in talking to them about their company.  Please have them complete the application<https://cunycse1.typeform.com/to/b58BF6> and email us of their interest to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  We are accepting emails/applications until Friday, May 22nd.

Launched in 2014, the Center for Student Entrepreneurship Incubator runs a five month program with a single mission - to help CUNY students launch their businesses. We provide student startups with participation payments; programs and workshops to assist in the set-up and development of their businesses; office hours provided by YCombinator; mentoring by CUNY Faculty, entrepreneurs, corporate sponsors/supporters, and experts in various fields; networking opportunities and connections with potential customers and investors. In 11 months we've helped 30 startups, most notably:

  *   Cleanly<http://www.getcleanly.com/> went on to YCombinator and closed a $2.2mil seed funding round<http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/13/on-demand-laundry-service-cleanly-hangs-up-2-3-million-in-seed-funding/> last week
  *   Pomegranate Labs<http://pomegranatelab.com/> was just accepted into 4.0 Schools<http://4pt0.org/> Ed-Tech Incubator
  *   Advyzr <http://www.advyzr.com/> was named one of the coolest college startups of 2015<http://www.inc.com/ananya-bhattacharya/coolest-college-startups-2015.html> by INC. magazine
  *   Teslab<http://www.16hertz.com/> just opened their first Makerspace in LIC, Queens
  *   Think Olio<http://www.thinkolio.org/> won first place in the IT/Software Category at the 2015 NYS Business Plan competition<http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/pressroom/students-win-nys-business-plan-competition.htm>