COMHEALUMNI-L Archives

July 2014

COMHEALUMNI-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Kim McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:53:25 +0000
Hi,

I have two unique opportunities for Public Health students with a sexual health education/HIV prevention program, at United Community Centers in East New York, Brooklyn.

One is for a Health Communications Internship/Fieldwork Placement. Interns will help to develop and evaluate educational outreach materials in cooperation with our team of community members that are culturally sensitive and contain effective messages.

The other is for a Health Social Marketing Internship/Fieldwork Placement. Social Marketing involves the application of marketing & advertising approaches to behaviors and causes for social good. Protecting The East is developing a Social Marketing Campaign promoting condom use among youth in relationships in East New York,  Brooklyn. Health Marketing Interns will help to produce, implement, monitor & evaluate a social marketing campaign and assess the campaigns impact on health attitudes and health behaviors.

These internship opportunities are for course credit or fieldwork opportunities for the Fall Semester.

If students are interested, they should contact me directly by email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

I'm also happy to answer questions or provide further detail on either opportunity.

Thanks!

Best,

Myra
--