NFS-L Archives

January 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 21:51:20 +0000
My name is Laura Kubitz and I work on the media team at the International Food Information Council in Washington, D.C. We are now accepting applications for our Sylvia Rowe Fellowship<http://www.foodinsight.org/accepting-applications-sylvia-rowe-fellowship>. The goal of this award is to develop the recipient's communication skills that he or she can and will apply to communicating nutrition and food safety information to the public in an academic setting, professional situation (either for-profit or nonprofit sector), or other public venue.
The recipient will be awarded an eight- to 12-week paid internship at the IFIC and Foundation offices in Washington, D.C. The internship needs to be completed by the end of the year in which it is awarded. Applications are due Friday, Feb. 5, 2016.
Applicants need to supply:
*         Transcripts
*         Three (3) original letters of recommendation
*         Résumé
*         List of planned academic programs/courses
*         Letter of Intent
*         Explain how the internship will develop your communication skills to enhance public understanding of nutrition and food safety issues.
*         Completed Application Form. (download your 2016 application here<http://www.foodinsight.org/sites/default/files/2016%20Sylvia%20Rowe%20Fellowship%20Applicaton.pdf>)

Complete information on how to apply can be found here<http://www.foodinsight.org/pages/2016-sylvia-rowe-fellowship>.
For application questions, please contact Kris Sollid, RD, IFIC's director of nutrition communication at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best regards,
Laura Kubitz
Manager, Media Communications
International Food Information Council