NFS-L Archives

May 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2016 20:21:53 +0000

Subject: Host a table at Community Ed fair and Free Cancer Screening event in Bronx

Hi Dr. Spark:
I hope you're doing well.
I am hoping that you can distribute the below information and attached fliers to your students and alumni.  Montefiore is hosting its annual See Test & Treat free cervical and breast cancer screening event in the Bronx on Saturday, May 14, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The organizers are looking for groups to distribute the attached fliers in both English and Spanish to potential participants. The event aims to provide free screenings for low-income and underinsured women in the Bronx.

The event also includes a health fair and there is room for non-profit groups to host a booth that can offer educational resources to the participants while they wait for their exams and results.  This can include nutrition education, insurance info, community outreach groups, or any topic related to health and wellness.  Last year attracted about 50 participants and had some local news coverage.

The event is taking place Saturday, May 14 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Montefiore Imaging Center, 3400 Bainbridge Ave.

Anyone interested in hosting a booth or table can contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you!
Amy