NFS-L Archives

February 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:38:33 +0000

From: Stacey Malstrom [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 2:39 PM
Subject: Help spread the word! Scholarships for Farm to Cafeteria Conference

Greetings,
The 8th National Farm to Cafeteria Conference is coming to Madison, Wis., June 2-4, 2016, and we need your help to get the word out to individuals and organizations working to improve our food system, strengthen community health, empower youth, build racial equity and increase opportunities for farmers and producers.

We have developed an Outreach Toolkit<http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org/8/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Outreach-Toolkit-Farm-to-Cafeteria-Conference-Feb-2016.pdf> with a promotion timeline, graphics for social media, suggested posts, and copy for your e-newsletters and blogs. This movement touches all of our work and everyone's lives, which is why we hope to see a broad section of attendees representing diverse professional backgrounds and communities from across the United States.

Will you share this opportunity with your networks? These are our top goals that we can use your support promoting during February:
1.       Promoting the scholarship application - deadline Feb. 29
2.       Announcing pre-conference short courses
3.       Opening early bird registration on Feb. 15
Reaching Scholarship Applicants
Social media posts and graphics promoting scholarships are pulled out below to make it easy for you to start posting about the scholarship application today. Scholarships are prioritized for farmers, farmer support organizations, youth (through age 22), persons of color, food service professionals, farm to college/hospital practitioners, and early care and education providers. Please help us reach these key audiences by leveraging your networks.

NOTE: We are still seeking scholarship sponsors so that we can make the conference as accessible as possible and ensure it reflects the full diversity of the movement. If your organization would like to sponsor general scholarships or scholarships for a specific stakeholder group, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Read more in the Sponsorship Packet<http://www.farmtoschool.org/documents/2015_SponsorshipKit.pdf>.

Thank you for your work to grow farm to cafeteria efforts!
Cheers,
Stacey Malstrom
Communications Director
National Farm to School Network

Apply for scholarships by 2/29: farmtocafeteriaconference.org<http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org> #Farm2Caf16

Want to attend the Farm to Cafeteria Conference? Apply for a scholarship by 2/29 farmtocafeteriaconference.org<http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org> #Farm2Caf16
[Inline image 3]
FACEBOOK
Learn. Network. Grow. The 8th National Farm to Cafeteria Conference is coming to Madison, Wis., this June 2-4. Don’t miss the top national training and networking event for farm to cafeteria professionals. Apply for a scholarship before Feb. 29 at farmtocafeteriaconference.org<http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org>. #Farm2Caf16

Want to attend the National Farm to Cafeteria Conference this June? Apply for a scholarship from @National Farm to School Network before Feb. 29 at farmtocafeteriaconference.org<http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org>. #Farm2Caf16
[Inline image 1]

NEWSLETTER
Scholarship Opportunity Now Open for National Farm to Cafeteria Conference
The National Farm to School Network is now accepting applications for scholarships to the 8th National Farm to Cafeteria Conference, which will take place in Madison, Wis., June 2-4, 2016. This event is the top national training and networking event for farm to cafeteria professionals working to improve community health, build economic opportunities for farmers and producers, and ensure long-term sustainability for local food efforts nationwide. To ensure the conference reflects the full diversity of the movement, scholarships are prioritized for farmers, farmer support organizations, youth (through age 22), persons of color, food service professionals, farm to college/hospital practitioners, and early care and education providers.

Don’t delay! Learn more and submit your application at farmtocafeteriaconference.org<http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org> now until the deadline of Feb. 29 at 5pm ET.

--
Stacey Malstrom
Communications Director
National Farm to School Network

503.508.7233 (based in Oregon)
Learn more and get involved:
www.farmtoschool.org<http://www.farmtoschool.org/>

[http://www.farmtoschool.org/images/logo-a.png]<http://farmtoschool.org>   [http://www.farmtoschool.org/images/logo-movingforward-email.png] <http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org>
                                                                    Registration opens Feb. 15, 2016!<http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org>
[http://www.farmtoschool.org/temp/Screen%20Shot%202014-04-23%20at%205.29.39%20PM.png]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Farm-to-School-Network/203705623006172>[http://www.farmtoschool.org/temp/Screen%20Shot%202014-04-23%20at%205.29.48%20PM.png]<https://twitter.com/FarmtoSchool>      [http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org/7/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Newsletter-icon.jpg] <http://www.farmtoschool.org/join>

signoff