NFS-L Archives

February 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2016 09:45:10 +0000
Ketchum's New York office is excited to announce our 2016 Summer Fellowship Program. This is a paid fellowship, typically open only to current college juniors and seniors; this year we are also looking for a Nutrition Fellow to work with our Food & Wellness group (which includes four on-staff RDs). The ideal Nutrition Fellow candidate would be a registered dietitian (or RD eligible) completing their Dietetic Internship or Master's in Nutrition this spring. This program starts on Monday, June 6 and ends on Friday, August 12

*The deadline to apply is 12pm EST February 29th, 2016.

Nutrition Fellow
Ketchum Summer Fellows work hand in hand with teams to learn the business, serve clients, and develop PR skills. They will assist with research, writing and media relations efforts to support client programs. The summer will end with a final project presentation. Fellows will work in teams and present to the New York office as well as to the client.

Those individuals who demonstrate our core competencies and Ketchum values could be offered a full-time position as an Account Coordinator, which will begin at the end of the summer.
Responsibilities:
Write nutrition-focused materials
Review materials for nutrition accuracy
Develop and maintain food and nutrition media lists
Monitor and track media and draft client media updates
Pitch food and nutrition media
Assist in the development of press materials including fact sheets and backgrounders
Assist with event coordination including health professional conferences
Attend client and team meetings
Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations
Participate in brainstorms, internal meetings and agency events

Qualifications:
Registered Dietitian or RD eligible preferred
Completing Dietetic Internship or Master's in Nutrition this spring
Interest in public relations, experience preferred but not required for the right candidate
Excellent writing and presentation skills
Digital and social media savvy
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Strong science-based research skills (e.g. proficient in using PubMed, knowledgeable about professional health organizations and government resources)
Impeccable multi-tasking abilities and exceptional attention to detail
Flexibility to work on multiple projects with a variety of team members
Must be available for the entire length of the program (10 weeks)

IND13

About Ketchum:
As a global public relations and communications agency with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum builds brands and reputations for clients.  We start conversations, build communities and engage stakeholders-and have a lot of fun doing it.  We inspire and empower our people to think about products, companies, issues and challenges in a different way.   And we're just crazy enough to think we can impact the world - and how it responds to ideas - through communication.

We believe great ideas shatter expectations, change thinking and build brands.  We call this break through, and it's our mission to deliver it.  How?  Very simply-our people.  By listening, cultivating diverse perspectives and rewarding fearless creativity, we've developed a culture of break through.

Interested?  We've got an opportunity for you. Please apply through Ketchum website.

arlene spark
Professor
Coordinator of the MPH in Public Health Nutrition
Coordinator of the DPH Concentration in Public Health Nutrition
2180 Third Ave  NYC 10035