NFS-L Archives

September 2012

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Attiqa Mirza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:48:58 -0400
On behalf of the Kitchen Table CSA and the Hunter Nutrition Club, I would
like to invite members of the Hunter Silberman Building community to join
us this Thursday evening for a special event:  "Great CSA Smackdown-Round
One: East Harlem," a "Top Chef" style cook-off that is geared toward the
promotion of local and sustainable produce. The winner of this round will
advance to a city-wide competition to be held next month. The competition
consists of three teams, each comprised of one member of our community's
local CSA (community supported agriculture group) and one Hunter MS
nutrition student. Each team will prepare a dish made from produce from the
week's CSA share to a panel of judges who will then choose the winner. This
is the first time the CSA umbrella organization, Just Food, has sponsored
this event and we are thrilled to partner with the Kitchen Table CSA and be
a part it!

*Event Details*