NFS-L Archives

March 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:32:29 +0000

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tanjina Shabu <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: March 21, 2015 at 9:41:22 PM EDT
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [CHPPD Section] Climate Change and New APHA Connect Group

Dear CHPPD Members,

Please check the following message regarding joining the Climate Change Group.

P.S. Note that clicking the hyperlinks directly on this message may not work, kindly copy and paste the links on your browser to access the websites.

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of APHA's Environment Section, I want to share with you some news about one of our section's priority topic areas.
Some of you may know that climate change has long been an area of interest to and a priority for the Environment Section. APHA as an organization has also made climate change one of their legislative priorities (see http://www.apha.org/policies-and-advocacy/advocacy-for-public-health/priorities).

We recognize that climate change is not just relevant to environmental health - it is a cross-cutting topic that is of interest to many APHA sections. Over the past several months, many of you have reached out to us to express interest in working together on climate change issues.

To facilitate information sharing on this topic, APHA has set up a Climate Change group on APHA Connect. This group is open to any APHA member. The Environment Section will be sharing relevant information about our climate change work through this group on a periodic basis, and we invite you to do the same. We hope this space will be used as a way to share information about the work all of APHA's sections are doing on climate change.

If you would like to join, visit the Climate Change group page at http://connect.apha.org/group.htm?mode=home&igid=171375 and click on "Join Now."

Please share this message with your colleagues, and if you have questions, contact our climate change topic committee co-chairs Liz Perera ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>); Joy Blackwood ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>); and Chris Rea ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Thanks,

Kacee Deener
Chair, Environment Section

~~~----~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Manage your Group settings:

* To reply to sender (Tanjina Shabu):

* To view sender's profile, click this link:
  http://connect.apha.org/profile.htm?mode=vp&pid=249526

* To post to entire group, send email to:

* To email the group moderator(s) (Winston, Fran, Amy, Debra, JR, Charlene, Priti, Padma, Lavanya):

* To UNSUBSCRIBE or change delivery settings, click this link:
  [log in to unmask]&sk=f2SPoF" target="_blank">http://connect.apha.org/p.htm?m=qs&[log in to unmask]&sk=f2SPoF

* To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send email to:

* To remove yourself from this group, send email to:

* To visit this group on the web, click this link:
  http://connect.apha.org/group.htm?igid=159683