NFS-L Archives

April 2012

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:14:34 +0000

Arlene Spark, EdD, RD, FADA, FACN

Professor

CUNY School of Public Health

     at Hunter College

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anika Pyle <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Date: April 27, 2012 9:48:47 AM EDT

To: Elizabeth Thacker Jones <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, miya <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Subject: Would You Like to Come to the Food Book Fair?

Greetings Food Scholars and Students!

My name is Anika and I am writing to inform you about the NYC Food Book Fair<http://www.foodbookfair.com/>, an exciting food event at the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg, Brooklyn May 4-6.

This weekend-long conversation and celebration of food reading and writing will highlight cookbooks, memoirs, magazines, and books about science, food systems, agriculture, urban design and food art and culture. It will also serve as a meeting place for food enthusiasts from all food disciplines.

We have some really amazing panelists and participants from the food studies, energy and agriculture movement, including Marion Nestle, Bryant Terry, Harold McGee, Severine Von Tscharner Fleming, Sarah Rich, Paul Freedman, Krishnendu Ray, and Fabio Parasecoli.

Would you be interested in sharing some information about The Food Book Fair with your community? Pass on the 10% discount on our panel discussions and dinners! When purchasing tickets, use this code: FBF_STUDENT

FOOD BOOK FAIR: HIGHLIGHTS

Buy Tickets at:  nycfoodbookfair.eventbrite.com<http://nycfoodbookfair.eventbrite.com/>

Link to all program details on website: http://foodbookfair.com/

  *         50+ Speakers including featured speakers Dr. Marion Nestle, Carolyn Steel and Harold McGee

  *         20+ Book Signings by writers like Colman Andrews, April Bloomfield, Tamar Adler, Bryant Terry and Sarah Rich

  *         15 Panels on diverse topics like Food+Art+Medium and Food+Cooking+Change

  *         1 pop-up bookstore free and open to the public

There will be 2 Nighttime Events:

Foodieodicals – A marketplace of our favorite small, independently published zines, quarterlies and periodicals. There will be beer, pickles, pretzels, and fun!

Pecha Kucha: 20x20 Rapid fire presentations highlighting creative food projects like "The Food Chain Documentary"

And 2 Food Book Fair Dinners. A Garden Gather Dinner featuring foraged ingredients with Leif Hedendal and Mark Andrew Gravel and a "cooking by the book" dinner inspired by Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises held at Parish Hall

Below are 4 ways we would love for you to help us spread the word about this exciting event!

1 - Facebook - Post an Event or Update https://www.facebook.com/events/404923022853049/

2 - Twitter  - @foodbookfair

3 - Email blast

4 - Blog

If this is of interest to you, please feel free to circulate the information below. Hope to see you at the Fair!

Many thanks,

Anika

--

Anika Pyle

Production and Outreach Manager

m. 719-661-3139<tel:719-661-3139>

Food Book Fair

May 4-6, 2012

Brooklyn, NY

Food Book Fair on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/foodbookfair>

@foodbookfair

[Inline image 1]

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:

"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".