NFS-L Archives

March 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2015 20:26:17 +0000
Job Description: Research Nutritionist

Advertised Summary Job Description:

Under the supervision of the Director of the Integrative Therapies Program, the research nutritionist works with a team of researchers in the Division on studies related to nutrition and complementary/alternative medicine (integrative medicine) in children and adults with cancer.  Employee is responsible for coordinating research studies, along with data management, subject accrual, and conduction of subject interviews.  The employee also assists with the coordination of patient services for the including recruitment and retention of providers and patients, and education of patients and staff, especially related to nutrition.  The research nutritionist will be responsible for providing nutrition and lifestyle counseling to adults and children with cancer visiting the outpatient center.  The research nutritionist must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.  Excellent organizational skills are essential for this position.

(Essential Functions) Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:

  *   Coordinate, collect and input nutrition and related study data for nutrition, lifestyle, and integrative medicine studies into database system.
  *   Develop, update, and organize patient education materials related to nutrition and complementary/alternative medicine (integrative medicine).
  *   Collaborate the development of research protocols pertaining to nutrition and complementary/alternative medicine (integrative medicine).
  *   Assist in fundraising activities, grant writing, and administrative tasks for research proposals and existing studies.
  *   Manage correspondence, generate materials, and execute administrative tasks for publications and presentations.
  *   Perform other related duties as required

Minimum Qualifications and Experience

  *   Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least two years related experience with health education and nutrition.
  *   Must be a Registered Dietician (RD) or RD eligible.
  *   Experience in counseling in diet and lifestyle changes.
  *   Excellent organization, computer literacy and communication skills.
  *   Familiarity with data collection and analysis.
  *   Working knowledge of complementary and alternative medicine (integrative medicine).
  *   Proficient in Spanish.