NFS-L Archives

September 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:38:14 +0000
Subject: You're Invited: CUNY Food Talks - 10/16/15 at KCC

Hello CUNY Food Community,

We're writing to invite you to our next CUNY Food Talks meeting, our latest in a series of CUNY-wide dialogues on teaching, research and service on food and food policy at the City University of New York. Our overarching goals for these meetings are to provide opportunities for the growing number of faculty, staff and advanced students working in food policy at CUNY to meet each other, exchange information on our interests, and explore possible areas of collaboration across campuses and departments.

Join us on:

Friday, October 16, 2015 (World Food Day!)

at Kingsborough Community College

12pm-2pm: Intros, small group discussions over lunch

2pm-3pm: Tour of KCC Urban Farm

RSVP to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We have reached out individually to the work groups that formed at our last meeting to follow up on their proposed action steps and hope that these groups will come prepared to continue the discussion at this meeting. Minutes from the spring meeting are attached.

As discussed in the spring, here is a Google spreadsheet for us to compile data on all food-related courses being taught at CUNY. Please fill out this form<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WME_CIKn-Z8LrPyxe8hxose1VRUKQNTflYfhh1pokXI/edit?usp=sharing> with courses you're teaching, taking, or have knowledge of (even if incomplete!) prior to our next meeting.

Best,

Ashley Rafalow, NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College

Mara Gittleman, Kingsborough Community College

--

Ashley Rafalow, MPH, CPH

Director, Operations and Communications

NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College

CUNY School of Public Health

2180 Third Avenue @ 119th Street, Ste. 525

www.nycfoodpolicy.org<http://www.nycfoodpolicy.org>

212.396.7744