NFS-L Archives

May 2013

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2013 20:11:58 +0000
This just in from NFS major Nicole Santos . . .

Some of the nutrition undergrad students volunteered with MAChO for their fieldwork this semester. Another student and I have organized a fundraising happy hour event this Saturday for MAChO and would like extend the invite to as many people as we can. Would you be able to post this on the list serv?

Here are the details:

Caps Off for a Cause!

Date: Saturday, May 25th, 2013

Time: 8pm-11pm

Location: The Pink Elephant 40 W 8th Street, New York, NY

10011

Entrance Fee: $25

Open Bar 8pm-9pm

Graduating this spring? Done with finals? Waiting for Summer to start? Want to support a charity?

Motivating Action through Community Health Outreach (MAChO) invites you to have a drink and support a program dedicated to empower youth to take control of their health and lives. Join us this Saturday for “Caps for a Cause” at Pink Elephant as we celebrate the graduation of our kids enrolled in our spring session and thank all of our volunteers who made it happen!

Whether you are part of the graduating Class of 2013, students looking to welcome the end of the semester and start of summer, or just want to have a drink and support a cause at the same time, everyone is welcomed Saturday night!

MAChO is a student-run volunteer program based in the Community Service Office of Weill Cornell Medical College and engaged in empowering youth with practical tools to take control of their health and lives through proper nutrition, fitness, and personal development. The core of MAchO’s program is to provide children between the ages of 8-13 from underserved communities, like East and Central Harlem, where elevate risk of obesity, chronic diseases, and health disparities exist.

As a student-run volunteer program MAChO welcomes any level support that can make a difference. Your support will provide supplies for our after-school and mentoring program, outreach at health fairs, fund educational field trips to green markets and farms, and provide supplies for our family-oriented workshops and professional development!

We hope to see you all Saturday night!

http://machoprogram.org/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAChO/159390904077690

Twitter: @machoprogram

Instagram: @machoprogram

Facebook Event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/139095776282977/

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:

"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".