NFS-L Archives

October 2012

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:37:56 +0000
Paid part-time position in program evaluation.

Healthy Bronx Program Evaluation Intern (Nov 2012-Feb 2013)

New York City

The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians' union in the country, is looking for outgoing, energetic, and intellectually curious candidates to fill our Healthy Bronx Program Evaluation Intern Position.

About Us:
CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 13,000 resident physicians. We fight to protect the workplace rights of doctors-in-training and improve the delivery of quality health care.

Job Description:

The Healthy Bronx Initiative (HBI) is a program run by CIR physician-members that addresses the causes of chronic disease. This fall HBI will be hosting the Family Health Challenge, a nine-week school based curriculum that gets youth and their families actively involved in making healthy choices.

CIR is looking for a highly driven and committed individual to design and implement an evaluative tool for the Family Health Challenge Program and work in collaboration with our community partners.

What you gain from a position with CIR:

*        Hands-on experience evaluating a school-based public health intervention.

*        Opportunity to work directly with physicians-in-training, families in the Bronx and community groups.

*        Opportunity to address issues related to public health.

*        Hourly wage: $15/hr; 10-15hrs/week

CIR is looking for candidates who have:

*        Prior experience in designing evaluation tools and statistical analysis

*        Interest in public health issues of underserved communities

*        Strong communication skills

*        Ability to work independently, think critically, and prioritize multiple tasks

*        Conversational Spanish preferred, but not required

*        Pursuing a Masters in Public Health preferred, but not required

In addition to a resume, we require a compelling cover letter that gives us a clear picture of who you are, and why you want to be a Program Evaluation Intern at CIR. Make us want to pick up the phone and call you in for an interview! Please send your resume and cover letter to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the Subject Line: Program Evaluation Intern.

CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".