NFS-L Archives

October 2013

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Attiqa Mirza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2013 19:06:23 +0000
Dear Students,

The deadline for the Spring HRTP program is November 17th.  This program has served as a valuable fieldwork experience for many of our students.  If you would like a faculty member to review the final draft of your personal statement and resume before submitting for this program, I would be happy to help facilitate this.  Please send your name, track/program, completed essay and resume to me by November 7th, 2013 and I will arrange a quick review for you.

Best,

Stacey B. Plichta, Sc.D., CPH

Professor

Campus Director

CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College

About  Public Health Internship Opportunities at the NYC DOHMH for Spring 2014

HRTP: A Public Health Internship Program of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is pleased to inform you that the application period for our spring 2013 internship program will open on October 15th and close on November 17th, 2013.  Please note, to submit an application, students will have to create a user ID/ log on NYC Med<https://a816-healthpsi.nyc.gov/>.  For more information about the program, for instructions on how to apply or to complete an application, please visit our website<http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/career/hrtp.shtml>. Applications and supplemental documents for the spring 2014 session are due on November 17, 2013. Late applications will not be considered.

For full consideration, HRTP should receive the following postmarked on or before the deadline:

1.      An electronic application<https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1216914-RFJNeG9Xrq>
2.      A current resume
3.      A personal statement/ essay
4.      An official transcript from your current institution
5.      One letter of recommendation and the recommendation form

Open to undergraduate, graduate and professional school students of public health, health education, laboratory sciences, medicine, social work, environmental engineering, public administration, accounting, mathematics, computer science, law, nursing and the social sciences, HRTP offers dynamic internships in public health research, community health outreach and education, fieldwork, laboratory work and public health administration.