NFS-L Archives

August 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:22:54 +0000
This just in from 2013 COMHE alumna, Jessica Tartanian...

 I am doing a program evaluation "study" this fall and am looking for 4 grad students to do some data collection and entry on a paper student pre/post survey. The folks we hire might have future opportunities to do the data collection and entry on the post survey at the end of the school year as well. I am thinking that I will also hire one of these folks to help me with data entry and analysis of our parent survey while I am out of maternity leave too.  Would you mind circulating this job posting around, or sending any of your favorites my way? I would be much obliged!  If you have someone that is in need of a field work position for this fall or spring and wants to do some data entry/ cleaning/ analysis, I could use someone for that too.

Position Announcement

Edible Schoolyard NYC is looking for 4 research assistants to help with an evaluation project. Those hired will work at (insert network schools) to administer surveys to students grades 3, 5, and 8. Pay is $16/hr.

Preference will be shown for individuals with experience with school-aged kids in school, those who are already finger-printed by the NYC Dept of Education, and/or have experience with data collection and data entry.

The data collection will take place from approx. between 8:00a - 3:00p on several days between Sep. 8 and 24th.  Date entry will take place in Edible Schoolyard NYC’s DUMBO office over the course of October - December. These hours will be scheduled according to the research assistant and Evaluation Manager’s mutual agreement.

There are possible future opportunities to continue working on this project in April 2016 for post-survey collection and data entry as well as potential data analysis opportunities for those with experience in working with pre-post survey data sets.

Please email Jessica Tartanian, evaluation manager, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  with your available times and dates for the weeks listed above, and a brief statement on your interest in the position along with your resume. The deadline to apply is August 28th.
--
Jessica Eve Tartanian
Master of Public Health, Community Health Education