NFS-L Archives

September 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Diane Brows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2016 16:07:01 +0000

From: Steffie Kinglake [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:48 AM

To: Diane Brows <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Fwd: What Creates Health? - a community conversation

I wanted to send along information about an event that I am co-producing for the Center for Health Equity.  It would be wonderful if you could share this with others at Hunter, including students, faculty, and staff.  We are hoping for a big turn-out and it seems like something that folks would be interested in knowing about.

Steffie

Join us this Saturday, September 24th from 12:30pm - 8:00pm at Hostos Community College.

The “What Creates Health?” a community conversation will bring activists, artists, performers and local community organizations together to talk about how we can define what shapes health in our communities.

•                Check out art, music and dance performances by local artists.

•                Take part in workshops and panels on improving community health.

•                Contribute to conversations on racial justice, social justice and health                 equity.

•                Enjoy free refreshments.

•                Free giveaways.

•                Spanish interpreters will be on site throughout the day.

Featuring:

  *   NYC Commissioner of Health Dr. Mary T. Bassett

  *   Okayplayer, presenting Deva Maha; & Alright....A Conversation on Race, Social Justice, & Community Health with panelists Feminista Jones, Elle Hearns, Mychal Denzel Smith, Marlon Peterson, Tanya Fields, and Liza Jessie Peterson

  *   M.A.K.U Soundsystem

  *   NYU Tisch School of the Arts presenting Defining Wholeness and Health through Imagination, Art and Politics with Pato Herbert, Caits Meissner, Kyle Searle, Antonio Lyons, Cheryl Boyce-Taylor

  *   Naturally Occurring Cultural Districts – NY

  *   The Center for Urban Pedagogy

  *   Akim Funk Buddha

  *   Virginia Grise Troupe

  *   Mujeres En Movimiento