NFS-L Archives

March 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 03:29:24 +0000
Queens Community House Job Announcement

Job Title: Director, Food Access Programming

Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-service, community-based organization whose mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. Our reach includes a multitude of interconnected "communities" in 11 neighborhoods throughout Queens, defined by such factors as geography, age, and sexual orientation. QCH’s 42 distinct yet integrated programs serve children, youth, adults, seniors and entire families. We seek a candidate who can build upon the intergenerational food access and justice work underway at our community center at Pomonok Houses in Queens. Work includes a farmers market, community gardening, and shared healthy cooking experiences.

Specific Qualifications:

 Undergraduate degree and minimum of 3 years supervisory and management experience in the area of food access and/or community sustainability

 Experience with government and private funding sources, grant writing, contracting and reporting

 Familiarity with best practice models, data, outcome measures and program evaluation tools

 Passion for working with diverse populations; low-income populations

 Strong administrative, communication and writing skills

 Will provide supportive leadership to talented, experienced staff and community residents representing varied life experiences

 Experience with activities that harness and develop local talent and leadership; experience with

Volunteer-led activities

 Experience working collectively and collaboratively. Brings to this position benefits associated with existing networks and resources.

Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: Mary Abbate, Associate Executive Director, [log in to unmask] No phone calls please.

Queens Community House is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).