NFS-L Archives

January 2013

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 23:24:01 +0000

Arlene Spark, EdD, RD, FADA, FACN

Professor

CUNY School of Public Health

     at Hunter College

Begin forwarded message:

From: "ny_rd_news" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Date: January 11, 2013, 4:02:41 PM EST

To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Subject: jobs Jan 13, 2013 (& a few intern/volunteer ops)

The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD since 2001

To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:NY_RD_News-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than

once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings

from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received

by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge

to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.

DIETITIAN POSITION (ENTRY LEVEL) AVAILABLE

PLACE: BRONX LEBANON HOSPITAL

1276 FULTON AVENUE

BRONX, NY 10456

REQUIREMENTS:

B.S. NUTRITION

R.D. or R.D. ELIGIBLE

CONTACT INFORMATION:

EMAIL RESUME TO [log in to unmask]<mailto:formato-karen%40aramark.com>

or

FAX RESUME TO 718-583-2891

Acute Care Clinical Dietitian

Lawrence Hospital

Bronxville, NY

Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian with a minimum of 2 year acute care clinical experience for Lawrence Hospital Center, a 252 bed acute care facility. This hospital is a member of the New York Presbyterian Healthcare System and the Stellaris Health Network.

Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, the selected candidate will:

• Provide nutritional care to patients in the intensive care areas and other specialized patient units.

• Be a CNSC or work toward becoming a CNSC within 1 year of employment.

• Work as part of a 3 RD team to provide cross coverage and work every 3rd weekend.

• Be a Registered Dietitian and licensed in NY.

• Precept dietetic interns

• Complete Performance Improvement projects i.e. tray accuracies, and meal rounds

• Cover the Clinical Nutrition Manager in his absence

• Have experience with the Nutrition Care Process & EMR. (Meditech & CBORD experience preferred)

• Possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).

To learn more about Lawrence Hospital Center click here: http://www.lawrencehealth.org/ To learn more about what Sodexo has to offer Registered Dietitians and view open positions, go to our Clinical Microsite: http://www.sodexodietitiancareers.com/

Contact info:

Mindi Gale, Dietitian

Senior Clinical Recruiter

Sodexo, Talent Acquisition Group

T: 978 409 1822

[log in to unmask]<mailto:Mindi.Gale%40sodexo.com>

environmental job skills program director

job description

The Environmental Job Skills Program Director organizes and supervises daily the after school and summer Environmental Job Skills Apprenticeship Program. The Program Director manages 10 to 12 Apprentices (high school juniors and seniors) on a range of Bronx River habitat monitoring and environmental restoration projects offering an introductory work experience. Successful applicants will have a strong foundation in environmental science and be comfortable managing a small crew of young Apprentices to accomplish that work. The position also must be committed to working in what is primarily an educational environment and be able to balance collaboration with scientific partners at agencies and universities, hands-on scientific project management, and attention to the successful development of young people.

Duties Include:

• Running a three-hour after school boating and river-based environmental program, supervising 10 to 12 Apprentices (five to six each afternoon), four days/week, for 13 weeks/semester

• Running a seven-week summer program, four days/week, six hours/day

• Regular development, management, and progress on multiple concurrent environmental restoration projects

• Organizing and running day trips and multiple-day overnights that relate to program goals

• Collaborating with scientists at local universities, public agencies, non-profits, and private consultancies to plan and implement habitat monitoring and restoration projects on the Bronx River

• Collaborating with the Secondary Social Worker, a full-time Licensed Master of Social Work, to: organize trips to colleges and work sites to expose Apprentices to professional paths; help Apprentices set and achieve academic, professional, and personal goals; perform regular Apprentice evaluations

• Collaborating with the Boatbuilding Job Skills Program Director on shared programming, trip planning, and training opportunities

• Supporting the Development Department with developing grant proposals and reporting requirements

Requirements:

• B.S. or M.S. in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Engineering, Biology, or related fields

• Experience working with multiple partners and managing complex projects

• Experience supervising employees, interns, or students

• Experience with boats and water-based activities

• Experience in or desire to be involved in community-oriented education programming

• Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work independently

• Excellent communication skills

• Driver's license

• Be available to start work in February 2013

Rocking the Boat offers:

• Full-time salaried position

• Full benefits package

• Opportunity to work with a young, creative, well-funded organization committed to youth empowerment, environmental restoration, and community development.

Please email (attachments preferred) cover letters and resumes to Adam Green [log in to unmask]<mailto:atadam%40rockingtheboat.org>.

812 Edgewater Road

Bronx, NY 10474

(Adjacent to Hunts Point Riverside Park)

The New York Academy of Medicine (NYAM) is seeking 2 highly responsible and efficient public health students to assist with the project described below. This internship includes a stipend of up to $4000. There are 2 openings. The work could be done by an undergraduate, Masters or PhD-level student as long as they have previously done literature reviews. NYAM needs this assistance immediately, for about 4 months. Please contact me with referrals or share this with your students/fellow students.

Title: Prevention Policy Intern (2 flexible, 3-4 month positions beginning ASAP)

Summary and Description: NYAM's Health Policy team brings together researchers, policymakers, community members, and key stakeholders to think strategically and creatively about the root causes of health outcomes and to identify and develop evidence to influence urban health policies that reduce health disparities, encourage the spread of best practices, and raise awareness of how economic, social, and other policies and practices influence the broad determinants of community health.

In July 2008, NYAM conducted an extensive literature review that helped form the basis of a report for Trust for America's Health (TFAH), which demonstrated that modest investments in community-based prevention could result in dramatic health care savings. TFAH and NYAM also issued a Compendium of Proven Community-Based Prevention Programs, which summarized a sample of the articles and highlighted some additional studies addressing other behaviors and preventable conditions (e.g., asthma, falls prevention, and sexually transmitted infections).http://www.nyam.org/news/publications/research-and-reports/hp-190.html

Since the publication of those reports, the demand for information about effective means for generating health-systems savings has grown. In addition the literature on effective community-based prevention has grown. In the past three years, approximately 230 new articles were published that meet the criteria used in the previous Compendium. NYAM and TFAH plan to publish an update to the Compendium reflecting this growing evidence base.

Assistance is needed to fulfill the following tasks to support this effort:

• Review a consistent quantity of identified literature each week to determine if it meets selected criteria (a rubric will be provided)

• Develop very brief summaries of selected relevant articles, highlighting key elements of the article (a template will be provided)

• Conduct additional literature searches as needed

• Help develop the final report outline and assist with the writing of accompanying text

Duration: 3- 4 months beginning immediately. Work may be done more quickly depending on the pace of the individual.

Hours: This is a highly flexible opportunity to work from home. However, weekly meetings with project staff at 1216 5th Ave (in East Harlem) will be required to ensure consistent progress.

Relevant Background and Experience: Students in Public Health, Health Administration, Health Policy or a related field are welcome. Masters or PhD students preferred, but the essential qualification is previous experience conducting reviews of peer-reviewed literature in the health sciences, and developing bibliographies.

To Apply: Please email a resume, short writing sample, and brief cover letter stating your previous experience conducting literature reviews to [log in to unmask]<mailto:ssiegel%40nyam.org>. Please include "Prevention Policy Consultant" in subject line.

Kids Food Festival Update

Get your tummies ready for the Kids Food Festival, in partnership withCooking Light, at CitiPond at Bryant Park this March 2nd and 3rd!

We're already looking for enthusiastic volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering on March 1st, 2nd or 3rd anytime from 8am-7pm we would love your help! If you'd like to participate as a volunteer, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:elizabeth%40thecreativekitchen.com>.

This new date has presented the opportunity to include even more friends in the festivities! if you'd like to participate as a sponsor, chef, or performer, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:Cricket%40KidsFoodFestival.com>.

Montefiore Medical Center

Nutritionist Position

Full Time

Comprehensive Family Care Center

One of two RDs in this thriving out patient community health center.

Emphasis on nutritional counseling for a myriad of conditions -

Diabetes, cardiac, weight loss, renal and others

Must be comfortable with various cultures & socioeconomic backgrounds.

Knowledgeable in MNT for chronic & complex conditions.

Enjoy Peer Camaraderie, strong teamwork

& frequent communication with medical team.

Very competitive salary

Qualifications: R.D., preferably 1-2 yrs acute care experience

Please email or send your resumes to:

Miriam Pappo, MS, RD, CDN

Montefiore Medical Center

Department of Clinical Nutrition

111 E. 210 Street

Bronx, NY 10467

718-920-4253

FAX 718-920-4320; [log in to unmask]<mailto:mpappo%40montefiore.org>

Rare opportunity internship seeking interns ASAP!

We are a non-profit community healthcare outpatient clinic located in lower Manhattan. Our focus is on caring for the health and well-being of patients and their families. We are currently seeking dietetic interns to assist in building a nutrition/fitness program from scratch. We have a huge kitchen classroom area for group sessions, as well as a fully equipped gym with lockers and a shower for patients. Responsibilities include working directly with the nutrition director to construct a nutrition department. This is a rare opportunity, which will result in all around experience for the right person. Our diverse population consists of prenatal, HIV, adult medicine, and pediatrics. You will also be planning and facilitating nutrition education workshops and materials as needed. If interested please email your resume to: Renata Shiloah MS RD CDN [log in to unmask]<mailto:rshiloah%40betances.org>

Job Title: Research Study Assistant

Reports To: Clinical Research Coordinator

Please email resumes and cover letters to [log in to unmask]<mailto:sarah.pearl%40yahoo.com>

MAIN FUNCTION:

As an integral member of the research team and in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements, performs data collection, data entry and data analysis for research projects, databases, and research protocols within MSKCC. Ensures data quality and integrity during each phase of data collection and for each protocol assigned.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

1. DATA COLLECTION: Utilizes appropriate methodologies to collect human subject information for a research project, database, and/or protocol.

2. DATA REPORTING: Generates reports to all necessary parties on the progress of the research project, database, or protocol.

3. QUALITY ASSURANCE: Participates in activities to ensure accurate and complete data and regulatory compliance.

4. REGULATORY COMPLIANCE: Ensures that all appropriate Institutional, State, and Federal regulations are followed throughout the course of a research project, database, or protocol. Ensures that research protocols are approved by the Institutional Review Board and followed as written.

5. ADMINISTRATIVE AND CLINIC SUPPORT: Provides clerical support, as needed for research projects, databases or protocols; provides research support in clinic.

SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:

Research terminology and an interest in behavioral science are helpful.

Communication Skills: The ability to compose written correspondence and to present information in a clear and concise manner.

Information Management Skills: The ability to communicate, explain, interpret, share and present information to employees, management and clinical staff, patients and human subjects at MSKCC as well as appropriate external contacts.

Time Management Skills: The ability to set priorities among several tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.

Administrative Skills: The ability to organize and maintain all research information for assigned project and to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures within MSKCC and from external regulatory/sponsoring agencies.

Please email resumes and cover letters to [log in to unmask]<mailto:sarah.pearl%40yahoo.com>

The WRDA received the following request on our website:

My name is Deb Gaffey and I am a Children's librarian at the White Plains Public Library. We offer a program called the Parent/Child Connection, which is for children from 13 months to 36 months old, with a parent or caregiver. We register 16 families for each session, and the sessions are 1 hour and 15 minutes long. We typically offer the program on Thursday mornings from 10:00am to 11:15am. The room is set up with age appropriate toys, there is an age appropriate craft to do, and families play and talk together in a casual, unstructured way.

At each session, there is a librarian in the room and an outside resource person with an expertise in an area of early childhood development. The resource person circulates around the room, chatting with parents and answering any questions the parent or caregiver may have relative to his/her child and the resource person's specialty.

Nutrition is a particularly important topic to our parents. Whenever we have a nutritionist/dietician, our parents have many questions and are so appreciative of the information that is provided.

I'm looking for a nutrition professional who might be willing to donate an hour or so of his/her time to participate in this program with us every once in awhile. We try to rotate our resource people so that we don't impose on any one person's time too often! I usually ask each resource person 2 or 3 times per year.

I'm currently looking for a nutritionist for one Thursday in February and one Thursday in March. The dates are: Thursday, February 14th or 21st; and Thursday, March 7th or 21st.

I would appreciate it so very much if you could put me in touch with a person (or 2!) who might be interested in our program.

Thank you.

Deb Gaffey ([log in to unmask]<mailto:dgaffey%40wppl.lib.ny.us>)

Con Edison is looking to fill a paid, part-time position in the wellness group in the Occupational Health Department. The candidate should be available for 20-25 hours per week and can also use this position for fieldwork.

Occupational Health is looking for a candidate who can help implement a new wellness campaign for employees. This includes creating health communications, collaborating with other departments including Benefits, HR and Corporate Communications, and the implementation process. In addition, the candidate will help track the utilization and success of the campaign.

Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:

• Promoting Occupational Health programs at health fairs and in-service meetings throughout Con Edison locations.

• Assisting in the management of the company-wide seasonal flu vaccine clinic.

• Being a health educator for new employees, including creating and giving presentations on various health topics.

• Collaborating with outside vendors to promote and track new sick pay and short-term disability benefits.

• Staying up-to-date with new regulations about health and wellness initiatives in accordance with the Affordable Care Act.

• Helping with other projects as needed.

Requirements:

• Have/pursuing MPH degree

• Excellent writing and communication skills

• An interest in corporate wellness

• Ability to multi-task

• Ability to collaborate with other people and departments of all corporate, education and income levels

• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)

If interested, please email your cover letter and resume by February 1, 2013 to [log in to unmask]<mailto:friedlandj%40coned.com>.

Job Summary

Company

MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER

Location

Bronx, NY 10467

Industries

Healthcare Services

Job Type

Full Time

Employee

Years of Experience

5+ to 7 Years

Education Level

Master's Degree

Career Level

Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)

Job Reference Code

29205001_356491433

PROJECT MANAGER, Bronx Obesity Campaign

About the Job

The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing planning and implementation of the Bronx Campaign to Prevent and Control Obesity. The Project Manager will develop and update the project work plan, including goals and objectives, outcomes, and individual responsibilities. In addition, will develop a budget for the campaign, including in kind support and fundraising plans.

The Project Manager will oversee implementation of five high impact strategies: conducting media campaigns; improving the worksite food and physical activity environments; increasing healthy eating opportunities in retail settings; increasing nutrition education and diabetes interventions and promoting physical activity at health care centers and the neighborhoods around them; and, increasing physical activity opportunities in schools and the community.

Required Skills:

A Master's degree in either public health, public policy, public or business administration or related field and at least 5 years of professional experience in either project management, health education, public policy and planning, community organizing, fundraising or a satisfactory equivalent.

Nutritionist

About the Job

NYC based healthcare organization seeks a licensed Nutritionist to work in ambulatory care facility. This healthcare professional will provide nutritional counseling and education to all health center patients. The ideal candidate should have experience working with adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Planning and implementing health promotion activities, including workshops and health fairs

• Performing comprehensive nutrition assessments of patients, develops dietary care plans based on assessments, and provide clinical guidance

• Coordinating and delivering established nutrition education training programs to patients in response to nutritional needs

Qualifications:

• Excellent communication and presentation skills

• Bachelor's degree in Nutrition from an accredited institution

• Ability to work independently and as part of a team

• Minimum of one year experience as a registered

• Bilingual Spanish a plus

Qualified candidates should submit resume with salary requirements [log in to unmask]<mailto:tonyhealthcareers%40yahoo.com>

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Registered Dietician

About the Job

Registered Dietician

Huntington Hospital, part of North Shore–LIJ, is a 428-bed comprehensive, Magnet designated community hospital providing high-quality and technologically advanced care to improve the health and well-being of people in Huntington and Smithtown Townships, as well as the surrounding communities. We are currently seeking a Registered Dietician to join our team, to work in our offsite Bariatric Office.

Working within a Surgeon's office, you will render professional nutritional care and counseling to patients as well as perform nutrition consults. Complete initial nutritional assessments and follow-up assessments and participate in training programs and in-services as assigned.

.

Requirements: Bachelors from accredited College or University in Nutrition or Dietetics.

Preferred: Masters Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics. At least one year of Bariatric Nutrition experience.

This is a Full Time position. Hours are Mon-Friday 9A-5P. Benefit eligible after probationary period.

For consideration, please forward resumes, indicating position of interest, to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:bsposato%40NSHS.edu> or Fax: 631-351-2064. Visit our website at:www.hunthosp.org . EOE

Associate Director, School & Community Based Initiatives

About the Job

Primary Purpose of Job

The purpose of this position is to manage the development and support of Nutrition and Health Education Department programs that align with school and community needs, including program planning, implementation and support, budget management, and providing guidance to staff teams. This position will also be responsible for spearheading initiatives to support expansion of nutrition and health education efforts, such as school-based pantries, gardens and farming efforts.

Principal Duties and Responsibilities

 Manage recruitment and day-to-day operations of school- and community-based programs, budget development and implementation, and adherence to program goals and deliverables.

 Manage and develop program planning and vision in conjunction with Program Managers and the Director of NHE.

 Collaborate with the fundraising team to identify and secure funding sources to support existing and potential projects.

 Support administrative components for the department, including collaborating with the Finance Office and ensuring timely submission of relevant reports to satisfy public and private sector funding.

 Oversee the expansion of school-based gardening and farming efforts, including the recruitment and training of schools and school personnel.

 Develop and maintain strong working relationships with school staff, administration and collaborative partners to create, strengthen and expand partnerships with Food Bank nutrition education programming;

 Oversee the review and evaluation, and subsequent revision/formalization, of farm-based lessons and materials.

 Manage working relationships between Program Managers and the Research & Evaluation Department to implement process and outcome evaluation methods intended to track program success, compliance and impact.

 Supervise and provide guidance to professional staff and consultants, aiming to foster a collaborative and creative work environment.

 Serve as spokesperson/liaison to a variety of audiences including presenting at conferences, media events and community meetings.

 Perform other duties as required.

 Responsible for staff/intern training and supervision.

Qualifications

Working within a fast-paced environment, this position requires an individual with a keen interest school- and community-based nutrition and health education services reaching children, teens and adults. A solid understanding of and experience in nutrition and/or health education programming, and experience working and communicating with a variety of audiences required.

 Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred – or relevant experience) in public health/policy, organizing or related field, and three to five years experience with program development and oversight required.

 Experience conducting garden and/or farming workshops preferred.

 Self-starter with proven management skills and the ability to work independently, coordinate projects, trouble-shoot and provide leadership.

 Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in public speaking and group facilitation.

 Must be able to establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks.

 Interest and familiarity with food poverty and nutrition policy a plus.

 Proficiency in all MS office applications required. Experience with InDesign or other publishing software a plus.

 Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages a plus.

Click link to apply to position: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3633311

NUTRITIONIST Full-Time

Employer: Compass Group NAD

Location: Stony Brook

Experience and Qualifications: Qualifications:

Bachelor's degree in food and nutrition or related field of study.

Registered Dietitian

Exposure to school nutrition programs, other highly regulated food and nutrition programs or food service industry. This

requirement can be satisfied with a school supervised practical experience.

Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.

Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.

Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a one-on-one, as well as, group situations with managers; clients; customers; and the general public.

Ability to perform simple mathematical and algebraic problems.

Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.

Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.

Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration, American Dietetic Association.

State licensure to practice dietetics in states where applicable.

Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry

Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V

Please follow the below link to apply:

https://compassitmext.authoria.net/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-376302&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

Responsibilities: This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day dietary foodservice operations at a college account. You will support and lead a team of employees. You will be responsible for managing client relationships, along with ensuring that the food offered to the students is of superior quality. You will be responsible for the following:

Responsibilities:

Write and produce weekly nutritional letters that will be sent to the campus community and school website

Create a Nutritional plan monthly

Meet with student athletes and coaches for wellness and nutritional needs

Work with the Executive Chef to develop nutritionally balanced menus

Promote and highlight nutritional awareness with students

Attend meetings with student groups to speak about nutrition

Attend all large campus events to promote health and wellness to the University community

Maintains and updates food cost data for menus, recipes and ingredients. Performs menu costing analysis

Maintains database of nutrient information for all food in inventory.

Maintains nutrition and food label information for website.

Makes regular visits to observe for regulatory compliance and nutrition policies and procedures.

Instructs staff on correct procedures on site, reports observations to senior dietitian and

makes training recommendations.

Participates in all Chartwells nutrition education and promotion activities,

Contributes to the development of new materials.

Works with senior dietitian to provide in-service education and training to food

service staff. Develops and implements presentations for school faculty and

staff on nutrition related topics.

Instructs staff on correct procedures on site and makes recommendations to senior dietitian for training.

Works with Marketing department to design and implement monthly promotional activities including Chartbusters, monthly food samplings, regular monthly promotions that incorporate nutrition.

Works in cooperation with Chartwells VP Nutrition, Sustainability and Community as well as the Chartwells Nutrition Team to implement corporate nutrition initiatives.

Other duties as assigned within scope of responsibility.

Contact Person: Mary Quinn

Special Instructions: Please follow the below link to apply:

https://compassitmext.authoria.net/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-376302&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

Part-time Outpatient Dietitian Part-Time

Employer: ARAMARK Healthcare

Location: Staten Island, NY

Licensure: Registered Dietitian- New York

Experience and Qualifications: Position requires a Bachelor's degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university. Position requires Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association and Licensed Dietitian status, if residing in a state with licensure. Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff. Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and ARAMARK information. Spanish speaking is a must.

Responsibilities: Maintains friendly, efficient Spirit of Service attitude towards customers, co-workers and clients.

Consults with physician and other health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patients/residents.

Formulates menus for therapeutic diets based on medical and physical condition of

patients/ residents and integrates patient/resident's menus with basic institutional menus.

Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.

Inspects meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and for standards of palatability and appearance.

Instructs patients/residents and their families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection and preparation.

Engages in nutritional research and maintains registration status through the Commission of Dietetics.

Maintains accurate records to meet regulatory agency guidelines and assists in statistical analysis of data.

Supervises Dietetic Technicians in conducting nutritional screening and in providing nutritional care.

Adheres to established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.

Maintains compliance with ARAMARK's standards of operation, client contract and within ARAMARK's Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with ARAMARK/HSS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.

Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.

Performs all other related duties.

Contact Person: Cat Correll

Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:aramarkhc_rumcjobs%40yahoo.com>

plus. NEW GRADS welcome!

Please fax/email resume to (718) 262-8651

or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]

HILLSIDE MANOR REHAB & ECC

www.hillsidehealthcare.com<http://www.hillsidehealthcare.com>

EOE/DFWP MFDV WEB ID ND17017885

RequirementsPlease refer to the Job Description to view the requirements for this job

Winter/Spring internship for candidates interested in the treatment of eating disorders. Work involves food service for supported therapeutic meals at a private eating disorder treatment program. Responsibilities include menu development, food shopping, portioning, heating & serving prepared foods plus clean up. Interns receive training (once weekly supervision group with program therapist) and some minimal monetary compensation. An exceptional opportunity for exposure and learning in a highly professional environment. Candidates must be available on Monday and Tuesday evenings roughly between 4:30 and 8pm. Commitment is January through May of 2013. Please send resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:nina%40columbusparkcollaborative.com>. Please do not apply if you are not available at the times requested.

Warmly,

Nina Merrill, LMSW

Columbus Park Collaborative and

Columbus Park Behavioral Health

210 Central Park South

New York, NY 10019

Tel. 646.414.1446 , ext. 105

VOLUNTEER RESEARCH ASSISTANT NEEDED IN DEPT. OF PEDIATRICS AT NYU SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

Bilingual (fluent in both English and Spanish; English-speakers ONLY will still be considered but for limited positions) research assistant needed to assist physician with research projects taking place at NYU School of Medicine/Bellevue Hospital Center Department of Pediatrics and/or Woodhull Hospital.

Projects involve looking at the impact of parent literacy on children's health, with areas of focus including parent understanding of medication instructions/prevention of medication errors, and childhood obesity prevention.

The research assistant would help with multiple aspects of the research projects, including:

Data collection

- Enrollment of families

- Performing parent interviews and administration of assessments

Maintenance of research data

- Scoring of questionnaires and assessments

- Data entry

Administrative support

- Preparation of materials for assessments

- Ordering/organizing study materials, including incentives for participation and office supplies

REQUIREMENTS

- Fluency in English and Spanish (English-speakers only will still be considered but for limited positions)

- Excellent communication and organization skills

- Prior research experience (preferred)

This position also provides a unique opportunity to become involved in research projects with the potential to collaborate on scholarly abstracts / publications.

If interested, email Ms. Cruzatte at [log in to unmask]<mailto:efc235%40nyu.edu> with a copy of your most recent resume/CV and the Volunteer Application.

VOLUNTEER APPLICATION - Volunteer Research Positions

NAME:

DATE:

STREET:

CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE:

EMAIL ADDRESS:

PHONE:

UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE: YEAR (bold one) – Soph Jr Sr Post-Bacc

DEGREE/ YEAR:

OTHER EDUCATION:

CURRENT SCHOOL OR PLACE OF WORK:

LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH:

(Please indicate level of fluency for each Language. Indicate whether a native speaker of each Language)

SPEAK: READ:

WORK EXPERIENCE (please attach resume or CV; include any experience working with adults and children):

VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE (where, when, what kind of work):

From: To: Location:

From: To: Location:

DAYS AND TIMES ABLE TO VOLUNTEER:

MONTHS ABLE TO COMMIT TO VOLUNTEER WORK:

REFERENCE (Please List 2): Name/ Phone

Job Description

PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITIONIST RD

Monday - Friday 37.5 hrs per week

The Registered Dietitian will work as a Public Health Nutritionist (PHN) and will conduct Child and Adult Care Food Program (federally mandated) Program Reviews on approved child and adult day care centers; and review and approve Corrective Action Plan submissions.

The PHN will provide specific nutrition expertise, as it relates to infants, children, children with special health care needs, and functionally-impaired adults in a day-care setting. The PHN will function as an evaluator, contracts manager, educator, consultant, planner and coordinator.

Responsibilities:

` Work in the Metropolitan Region (5 boroughs and 5 counties).

` Monitor CACFP organization agreements and conduct annual program reviews , as mandated by the USDA and New York State Program regulations, using the CNP-Xpress (automated review system) using a laptop computer.

o Provide technical assistance to CACFP organizations as it relates to Program services, menu records, food service operations and record keeping.

o Monitor organization compliance to Program requirements such as, regulations, civil rights, tax-exempt status, Title XX Certification, Income Eligibility Applications and sanitation permits.

o Review all documents that the organization must have on file, including current CACFP Application and Management Plan, Agreement with updated Management Plan, license or other appropriate

certificate of occupancy, Letter to Household and documentation of staff training.

o Report results of Program Review and evaluation and follow-up to ensure that all corrective actions are implemented in a timely and appropriate manner.

o Submit completed review report with recommendations to PHN supervisor, in a timely manner.

o Submit written report to the organization that include steps for implementation of the corrective action.

o Respond and document request for technical assistance; during the site visit.

o Identify priorities for technical assistance based on monthly reports, and review documentation.

o Facilitate training for organizations on the menu record book and record keeping.

o Serve as a resource to the centers in activities relating to nutrition and the dietary needs of children and functionally-impaired adults in day care.

o Review reports, interpret Program data and compare statistical information.

o Must be proficient with Microsoft Office computer software programs.

Job Requirements

Requires a Bachelors degree NYS License or RD Eligible

Mileage reimbursement from site to site Background and drug test

Company Overview

New Wave People (NWP) is a minority women-owned 8(a) project staffing resource to industry. We provide the right contractor, part-time staff or permanent professionals Nation Wide. Our family of professionals shares a commitment to excellence, economy, honesty, dependability and efficiency. We are firmly committed to delivering only the best staff to our clients, striving for perfection and meeting our client's goals faster and more efficiently than our competitors by creating a work place Where People Matter.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHQ5WZ6ZZG9M55CH8PT&IPath=ILKGV0G

SUPERVISOR FOOD AND NUTRITION

CVPH is looking to hire a Supervisor, Food and Nutrition to manage patient serving line to ensure accuracy of serving performance and tray distribution and/or cafeteria food service and special functions. Upholds food sanitation standards.

RequirementsRequirements: High School diploma, ServSafe Certification from NRA, Food service management experience preferred. Associate or B.S. degree preferred. Three years supervisory experience preferred. Membership in Dietary Managers Association preferred.

75 Beekman Street

Plattsburgh, NY 12901

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHN3BW6C2ZWQ4Y0YYZC&IPath=ILKGV0A

Application Scientist ll; Tarrytown, NY

Job Description

BASF is the world's leading chemical company. We offer intelligent solutions based on innovative products and tailor-made services. We create opportunities for success through trusted and reliable partnerships. BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has approximately 16,000 employees in North America, and had sales of $19.9 billion in 2011. For more information about BASF's North American operations, visit www.basf.us<http://www.basf.us>. At BASF Corporation, we value the differences in our workforce as they are key to the success of our business and to the achievement of our status as "partner of choice." Consistent with our values, BASF has an inclusive environment that promotes respect and dignity for all in the work place. BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.

The ENH – Human Nutrition Applications Department in Tarrytown, NY exists to develop formulations & applications based on the Human Nutrition product line across all target market segments. Additional responsibilities lie in supporting customers' technical needs, providing technical sales support and leading projects resulting in the development of new product applications and ultimately sales. It serves customers by answering their inquiries, developing applications and disseminating technical support information to them. It develops technical information to support customers' needs and projects. Coordination of these activities with the Market Segment Businesses, Business Development group and Technical & Commercial Sales departments is critical to meeting our ENH strategy.

Primary Description (Lab based – 80%):

• To grow applications of BASF Human Nutrition product line.

• To closely & effectively align with Technical Sales.

• To provide customer base (internal and external) with superior applications & technical support for the Human Nutrition product line.

• Primary responsibilities are to design, formulate and test new food and beverage applications. Support customer needs and disseminate technical information to them and drive customer projects to success.

• Personality characteristics which establish positive rapport with customers and build trustful relationships to include but not limited to: positive, optimistic and winning attitude, superior and tactful communication skills, success oriented, energetic and driven.

• Possess the ability to work independently and take a challenge/project and run with it.

• Interact with Regional Technical Sales and Global Technical Marketing & Applications group to identify market trends and understanding of regional needs and integration of new products and technology into NA including product launches.

• Interacts regularly with Technical & Commercial Sales, Business Development, Marketing and Product Mgmt colleagues.

Secondary Description (Customer facing – 20%)

Provide direct customer support:

• Technical presentations

• Conduct remote formulation support (phone, email, etc…)

• Provide on-site support for customer trials

• Conduct training sessions and seminars to customers and/or distributors

Principal Accountabilities:

• Food Science based application & formulation development

• Resource management

• Customer satisfaction

• Technology/Product development

• Internal communication

• Values being a cohesive team player

Job Requirements

•Minimum BS in Science required with an emphasis on Food Science preferred.

•5 - 7 years' experience in food industry; nutritional background a plus. Ideal candidate has a Technical Service background.

•Thorough understanding of ingredient technology, formulating, processing and packaging of Food, and Beverage as well as pertinent FDA regulations.

•Must have superior skills in communicating and developing rapport with customer representatives.

•Must be able to travel 15%

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=J3F0G261K8T88KP41P2&IPath=ILKGV0V

The end

Reply via web post<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NY_RD_News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwcjdqZW1wBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBG1zZ0lkAzQwMzkEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzU3OTM4MTc4?act=reply&messageNum=4039>       Reply to sender <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  Reply to group <mailto:[log in to unmask]>   Start a New Topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NY_RD_News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlN2w0aGhsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM1NzkzODE3OA-->      Messages in this topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NY_RD_News/message/4039;_ylc=X3oDMTM0ZzFwMmE3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBG1zZ0lkAzQwMzkEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzU3OTM4MTc4BHRwY0lkAzQwMzk-> (1)

Recent Activity:

Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD

Culinary Nutrition Communications

www.chefkyle.com<http://www.chefkyle.com>