NFS-L Archives

August 2016

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 20:45:46 +0000

Hello everyone,
Obesity Prevention in Early Care and Education News Blast:  We're happy to share with you the August Edition of the 2016 Obesity Prevention in Early Care and Education News Blast. See the attached News Blast for recent ECE news, ECE highlights, new resources, and research from the early care and education field.  We highlighted new briefs about the new health and safety topics included in the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014, as well as resources and toolkits about relationship-based care, serving water in ECE, and validating QRIS.

Early Care and Education Networking Call: Wednesday, August 24 from 3-4 EST!  The call will feature four presentations about physical activity (PA) in early care and education settings (ECE).  First, Diane Craft, PhD, a consultant for the CDC ECE team and subject matter expert on PA in ECE will highlight her work with states.  Her work with states includes providing technical assistance, facilitating ECE stakeholder meetings, and training ECE providers on the benefits of PA for our youngest children. Following Dr. Craft, we will have three states discuss how they are leveraging the technical assistance provided by Dr. Craft to advance PA in ECE within their state.  Our state presenters include Denise Padilla, M.Ed. from Wyoming, Linda Cowling, MPH, RD from California, and Bridget Igoe, MPH, RD from Washington.

Several resources for the presentations are attached

1.       Presentation slides from California

2.       Presentation slides and two handouts from Washington

3.       A zip file with handouts from Wyoming will be sent prior to the call

NOTE: The call in number for the call is:  1-877-718-2565 and the Passcode is 67363979.

Thank you,
Carrie and Nora

\