NFS-L Archives

September 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:30:59 +0000

Dear colleague,

As you may know, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently announced a supplemental rulemaking regarding adding a daily value for the proposed new line on the Nutrition Facts Panel for added sugars.   Public comments are due by October 13, 2015.  The current comments and docket may be viewed here: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=FDA-2012-N-1210-0537

We are asking for your support in submitting comments on the supplemental proposal.  A task force from NANA has developed a model comment for your use and adaptation.  If you would like to receive a copy, please email Laura MacCleery of CSPI at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

We will also be sending along sample social media and images to support FDA soon – stay tuned.

Thanks,