NFS-L Archives

August 2013

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Ann m Gaba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:16:16 +0000

I am the new Program Coordinator for Cooking Matters at the Store for WIC Parents. The program provides WIC families with tours of grocery stores near the WIC center to learn how to shop for nutritious and delicious foods on a budget. The tours cover the following topics: whole grains, nutrition labels, unit prices, fruits and vegetables, and how to maximize WIC checks.

We think this is a great field opportunity for your nutrition students. They would lead grocery store tours for WIC recipients in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. It is a very engaging and hands-on position!

See attachments for more information and volunteer application.

Healthy regards,
Natalie

Natalie Terens, MPH
Program Coordinator, Cooking Matters at the Store

Neighborhood WIC
Public Health Solutions

908.339.2032