NFS-L Archives

April 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:14:57 +0000

Good Day!

I am a recruiter with New Wave People and I have an opportunity available in Albany,  New York with the Department of Health as a contractor Nutritionist, rate of pay $22.75.  If you know of anyone looking for work I can help them obtain a position if they are RD or RD eligible with NYS certification.

I have attached the job descriptions for the openings that I currently have.  Please pass along the information to anyone whom you might think would benefit from the available work.  Thank you so very much in advance it is greatly appreciated if you know of anyone looking for work and I would be able to help them.

DIVISION OF NUTRITION; BUREAU OF SUPPLEMENTAL FOOD PROGRAMS
WOMEN INFANTS AND CHILDREN PROGRAM; NUTRITION SECTION

Position Responsibilities; Nutritionist/Temporary

Main Purpose The part-time Nutritionist/Temporary position is primarily responsible for working with staff in the Nutrition Section of the Bureau of Supplemental Food Program’s WIC Unit.  Primary duties include participation on the Participant-Centered Nutrition Services (PCNS) team; including developing and implementing participant-centered nutrition policies/materials within the WIC Program; evaluating materials and methodologies used by local agency staff throughout New York State; assisting with training of staff within the Central and Regional Offices, as well as local agency staff, and assisting with the development and evaluation of the annual PCNS team’s work plan goals and objectives.

Other duties include assisting with the coordination and management of the State-wide Nutrition Workgroup; including facilitating workgroup meetings; organizing workgroup information and corresponding with workgroup members.

Qualifications:    Candidate must be a Registered Dietitian with The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or eligible for Registration.

Description of Duties:

90% - Actively participate on the Breastfeeding and Formula teams to assist with the development and implementation of programming/materials within the New York State WIC Program; and assist in coordinating the Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program.

10% - Collaborate with other staff within the Nutrition Section on other program priority areas, including breastfeeding support, food package tailoring, healthy lifestyles, certification, WIC Training Center and LACASA while incorporating Participant Centered Nutrition Services goals and objectives, and other activities as assigned by the Unit Supervisor.

Donna Marie Twiste, Recruiter
New Wave People, Inc.
Telephone     (732) 786-9070 EXT 5121
Cell:                   (917) 829-1702
Fax                    (732) 810-0381
Email                 [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.linkedin.com/in/donnamarietwiste<http://www.linkedin.com/in/donnamarietwiste>
Web address www.nwpusa.com<http://www.nwpusa.com/>
Twitter:https://twitter.com/NewWavePeopleNJ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Wave-People/166744026860387

[cid:image001.jpg@01D06097.A6F4BE90][GoldSeal_4color]
Together, committed to excellence in Health Care.

Change your thoughts and you change the World!
                                                         Norman Vincent Peale

The information contained in this message is confidential and sensitive and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named herein.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please immediately notify this firm via e-mail and delete the e-mail message sent to you in error.  Thank you.