NFS-L Archives

March 2013

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Attiqa Mirza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:19:45 +0000

New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute, Office of the Medical Director is looking for graduate students in public health to assist with data capacity development with HIV service providers in NYC.
Where:  Queens, Staten Island, Upper Manhattan
What: HRSA funded Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) New York Links project to improve linkage to care and retention in care for HIV+ individuals through the development of regionalized collaboratives.
When: Now to end of June
Specific tasks: We are looking for students to assist with data mining and baseline data development.  This could be part of an internship/fieldwork requirement or as part of a general learning experience.  Our SPNS (NYLinks) initiative has five measurements related to linkage to and retention in HIV care as part of the work we are doing to improve care for HIV+ individuals.  These measures are reported bi-monthly.  While most of our member providers (hospitals, community health centers, clinics) are able to handle the reporting, some, due to a lack of staff and/or resources are more challenged.  The most difficult part of the measures are establishing the baseline data and developing systems to reported data regularly going forward.  Typically this involves doing a file review--either electronically or with paper--to establish visit dates over a specific measurement period (one measure looks back two years).  We are seeking students who are in a school/department/class that is focused on HIV/public health/quality improvement/epidemiology work who would be able to assist with the set up of this baseline data.  There is no pay involved but those who participate will get a very good inside view of a health care organization as well as be part of a nationally funded initiative.  Those who participate will also be invited to attend collaborative learning sessions in May and June as well.  The first data submission date is April 1, 2013. This is not a hard date so those who may not be able to start until after that time are still encouraged to contact us.  This kind of review typically takes between 6 and 24 hours in total for one site, depending on the patient panel size.  We also have spreadsheets that have been developed and can be used.  Right now there are at least two providers, both in Queens, who need assistance, with a possible third in Upper Manhattan.

Those who are interested should contact Steven Sawicki, Program Manager, SPNS Lead [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Steven Sawicki, MHSA
Program Manager, AIDS Institute, NYS DOH
Office of the Medical Director
SPNS Lead

[cid:1363712344597]

Phone:   518.474.3813  Fax: 518.473.8814
Address:  Empire State Plaza
                    Corning Tower, Room 244
                    Albany, NY 12237

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".