NFS-L Archives

August 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Kim McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:41:08 +0000
Below you will find our district office address, contact information, and a job description for the interns we wish to attain. Our hope is to be able to provide interns with an exciting and rich learning experience, while also exposing them to administrative duties in the office, i.e. creating spreadsheets in excel, answering phones, sending faxes, doing constituent services, reviewing legislation,  thus strengthening their resumes.  We are also open to taking part in a more formalized credit-bearing internship program if applicable.

District office address: 1973 Westchester Avenue, Bronx NY 10462

(Take #6 train to the Parkchester train stop in the Bronx, or the following buses, #4, #36,#39, and Q44)

Office phone: 718-931-2620

Fax number:  718-931-2915

Job description: Interns will be involved in a number of administrative and legislative functions including, but not limited to:

•             Research

•             Constituent services

•             Clerical duties

•             Ad hoc projects

•             Data entry

•             Attending community events in the district

•             Provide supplementary support to staff members

Internships are unpaid. There is the potential for advancement, consequently leading to the possibility of a more permanent and compensatory position.

Interns will report directly to the Chief of Staff, who is responsible for the operations of the district office.

Interns will be provided with dynamic opportunities to expose themselves, in comprehensive ways, to myriad aspects of the lower chamber of the legislative branch of New York State government. This is a great opportunity for college students interested in the mechanisms of state (and city) governance, and for students who are looking to work in the public arena of municipal, State or Federal government. They will gain experience and exposure, elements necessary to effectuate a transition from the theoretical realm of academia, and apply what they've learned to the tangible realm of working as a public servant.

Feel free to follow up with me with any questions. Have a great day.

Respectfully,

Assemblyman Luis R. Sepulveda