NFS-L Archives

September 2012

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2012 15:46:22 +0000
The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD since 2001.   To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>     Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than

once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

R&D Principal Scientist - Nutrition

Position located in Valhalla, NY (Westchester County) or Barrington, NY.   Support the development and implementation of nutrition strategies for PepsiCo with an emphasis on the global dairy business. Develop product guidance; translate nutrition science into product innovation and messaging opportunities; identify emerging science that will impact the global dairy business; and support new nutritional opportunities for the PepsiCo dairy portfolio.

Key Responsibilities:

Partner with R&D and business teams to create compelling nutrition strategies for the global dairy portfolio.

Provide in house nutrition science expertise related to dairy and protein.

Partner with R&D teams to identify and deliver compelling nutrition solutions that differentiate PepsiCo products and help drive long term research initiatives.

Effectively compile, synthesize, and communicate knowledge from multiple streams, leveraging existing and emerging scientific literature.

Build cooperative relationships with potential expert resources as required to meet business needs.

Partner internally and externally to implement portfolio transformation strategies to achieve human sustainability goals and metrics.

Provide technical leadership to R&D and business teams by contributing nutrition science guidance on technical issues affecting business decisions.

Identify new dairy/protein research opportunities and potential partnerships.

Qualifications:

Demonstrated understanding of human nutrition; nutrient requirements; nutritional status; scientific information gathering, synthesis, and communication; clinical study design and interpretation;

Experience in dairy and/or protein nutrition.

Excellent communication and leadership skills and proven collaborative influencing style.

Ability to manage and help technical and non-technical partners understand nutritional complexities across R&D, business partners and corporate functions.

Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to positively influence within and outside the organization.

M.S. Or Ph.D. in Nutritional Science with 5 - 7 plus years food or beverage consumer products experience, academic experience that blends science and business or a combination of both.

Must be willing and able to travel up to 10-15% of the time.

Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=113963707&aid=111304036&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10

Customer Service / Nutrition Coach: Immediate Need

About the Job

Us:

We represent a multi-billion dollar in sales company - a Leader of the Wellness industry. We market health & nutrition products, targeting weight loss, fitness, health care, anti-aging, hair care and skin care. We have been established for over 30 years, currently we are operating in 80 plus countries, and last year we did over U.S. $5.4 Billion in business. We are expanding very rapidly, and we are looking for a few key people to help with our tremendous growth.

Position:

As a Nutrition Coach, you will offer guidance tailored to clients' needs using custom nutrition and diet solutions to match their wellness goals. By identifying an ideal health-related goal, you will work to help our clients develop a roadmap and support them as they take the actions necessary to reach that goal. Through lifestyle changes, dietary adaptations, and basic health-building principles, our clients walk the path to reclaim their health and overall well-being, seeing results, and feeling better each and every day.

Nutrition Coaches in our team provide one or several of the following customer supports:

1. Conduct a Wellness Evaluation for a prospective client on a one-on-one basis that includes calculation of Body Mass Index (BMI), Body Fat %, Visceral Fat (fat around body organs), Resting Metabolism Rate, Body Muscle %, and other biometric indices.

2. Tailor a nutrition program that meets client's needs based on the Wellness Evaluation results.

3. Help the clients meet their wellness goals with both supplemental-nutrition approach and holistic-food approach.

4. Coach and support a group of clients through our Nutrition Clubs and Fitness Clubs to help them reach their health or fitness goals.

5. Coach a group of people to lose weight through our Weight Loss Challenge clubs utilizing our diet and nutrition educational materials.

Requirements:

No prior experience is necessary, as we have an extensive hands-on training program. However, you must possess the followings attributes:

• Love helping people

• A can-do attitude

• A solution-provider mindset

• Positive energy

• Interest in nutrition, wellness, health, or fitness

Earning & Benefits:

Part-time $500-$1,500 / month + commission or full-time $2,000-$6,000 / month + commission. With our cutting edge nutrition technology and a proven business model, we offer flexible hours, paid vacations, full training, & plenty of room for growth for the right candidates around their other commitments.

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=113857832&aid=111304036&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10

Health Nutrition Coordinator - Seasonal position

Agri Business Child Development

Apply Now >>

Save it

| Email It

| Print it

Job Snapshot

Location :

6 Adams Street

Kingston, NY 12401 ( Map it!)

Base Pay :

$12.30 - $14.35 /Hour

Employee Type :

Seasonal/Temp

Industry :

Education - Teaching - Administration

Healthcare - Health Services

Not for Profit - Charitable

Manages Others :

Yes

Job Type :

Nurse

Education

Nonprofit - Social Services

Education :

2 Year Degree

Experience :

At least 2 year(s)

Relocation Covered :

No

Post Date :

8/23/2012

Contact Information

Contact :

Center Director

Ref ID :

Health/Nutrition Coordinator

Fax :

845-255-7589

Description

Health Nutrition Coordinator

Since 1946, Agri-Business Child Development (ABCD) has been committed to providing the highest quality early childhood education and social services to farm worker and other eligible families across New York State.

As a non-profit provider of high quality culturally and linguistically diverse child development services for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers, Agri-Business Child Development ensures that each child receives comprehensive educational, health and social services.

Agri-Business Child Development, a non-profit provider of comprehensive childhood developmental services for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers is looking for:

Health/Nutrition Coordinator (HNC):

• Responsible for ensuring that children and families have a source of continuous and accessible health care.

• Assumes lead role in the implementation of Health, Mental Health, Nutrition and Dental Services at the center in collaboration with other team members.

• Salary is based on education and qualifications.

If you are a qualified and professional candidate, please APPLY ONLINE for immediate consideration.

• Excellent benefits

• EOE

• Please send cover letter with salary expectations.

Requirements

• Valid driver's license

• Experience in the community

• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.

Preferred:

• U.S. or NYS Certification as Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Registered Nurse.

Accepted: Associates Degree in Health or Human Services or related field with 2 years relevant medical field experience and/or community services and Head Start experience

-OR- Emergency Medical Technicians Certification

-OR- NYS Medication Administration Certification

• Experience in Early Childhood including children with disabilities and families

• Excellent organizational skills

• Supervisory and teaching ability required

• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.

• Experience working with various computer programs

• Current CPR/First Aid Certification

• Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred

Benefits for Full Time Employees (seasonal positions not eligible for all benefits):

• Health

• Dental

• Life Insurance

• 403 B

• Vacation days

• Personal days

• Sick days

• Bereavement days

• Holidays

• Snow days

• Time off for Jury Duty

• Social Security

• Medicare

• Tuition Reimbursement - 100% for undergrad work

• Conferences/Seminars/Onsite trainings

• Staff Recognition Awards

• Longevity bonuses

• Staff Appreciation Dinners

• Credentialing Renewals

• Bonuses for Certifications/Degrees

• Travel reimbursement

• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

In addition to the above benefits, ABCD employees have the opportunity to enroll in Voluntary Benefits such as Vision, Supplemental Life, Supplemental Annuity, Supplemental Short Term Disability and Whole Life Insurances. Although these insurances are paid for by the employees, the access to these coverages at a reduced cost is more favorable than they would be to obtain on your own.

Find Health Nutrition Coordinator - Seasonal position Salary Information >>

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=JHT4FN6XB422P6GZG39&IPath=PSRKGV

Clinical Nutrition Manager 2

Goldwater Hospital

Franklin D Roosevelt Island

Queens, NY

Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian with at least 2 years experience (at least 1 year lead or management experience) to manage the Clinical Nutrition program at Goldwater Hospital. This hospital has about 200 LTAC (Long Term Acute Care) patients with an average LOS of about 6 months. About 1/2 of the LTAC patients are on vents requiring nutrition support. There are also about 165 long term care residents at Goldwater Hospital.

In this position, the candidate will

• Oversee a staff of 5 Clinical Dietitians and manage the diet office.

• Represents the department on hospital-wide medical staff committees.

• Demonstrate skills in managing and developing clinical staff; development of policy and procedures; accreditation and regulatory readiness and review; and establish and maintain standards of care.

• Have union experience

• Have excellent communication and customer service skills, have a track record of proactive interaction with the medical team, be an outstanding team player, and have strong demonstrated leadership skills.

• Be a Registered Dietitian with clinical experience in both long term care and acute care

• Be familiar with electronic charting

Goldwater Hospital is part of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation. Located in Queens NY, very close proximity to NYC.

Contact info:

Mindi Gale, Dietitian

Senior Clinical Recruiter

Sodexo, Talent Acquisition Group

T: 978 409 1822

[log in to unmask]<mailto:Mindi.Gale%40sodexo.com>

Making it Possible

A Culture of Healthy Living

Food & Nutrition Supervisors make it possible

Step into the Food & Nutrition Department at New York's #1 ranked hospital (US News & World report), and be a highly visible advocate for healthy living. At New York Presbyterian, we're actively involved in efforts like the NYC DOH healthy Hospital Food initiative, which is focused on promoting healthy eating and helping prevent chronic diseases in our communities. We regularly perform healthy cooking demonstrations for visitors and staff, and we work hard to ensure our menu items include the most nutritious options available.

As a Food & Nutrition Supervisor, you will coordinate the cost-effective delivery of high-quality food & nutrition services within assigned area(s) at NYP/Columbia University medical center. Develop work schedules and continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of food & nutrition staff. Participate in quality control and assurance activities, and implement performance improvement initiatives when necessary.

Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. Registered Dietitian preferred. Food Service experience a plus.

Please forward resumes to Christine DiMaggio at [log in to unmask]<mailto:chd9038%40nyp.org>

**This is a great entry level opportunity for those interested in pursuing careers in Food & Nutrition management. NYP offers many opportunities for growth and on-going professional development.

Social Media Intern Opportunity

HungerShield is a new appetite control drink mix created by 4 registered dietitians to help individuals lose weight with less hunger (www.hungershield.com<http://www.hungershield.com>). We are currently looking for 2 social media interns to join our team. The social media interns at HungerShield will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and getting visibility for our brand. We are looking for someone with strong nutrition knowledge, excellent communication skills and an easygoing personality. The ideal candidate would be familiar with Twitter and Facebook, passionate about social media, entrepreneurial and detail oriented. Interns responsibilities will include creating ideas for content on Twitter, Facebook and HungerShield blog, contact social media leads about our product and brainstorm marketing ideas via online communities and bloggers. Interns will have an opportunity for increased responsibility, including blog post writing and sales. If you feel that this opportunity is right for you and you want to become a part of an exciting start up business, please send your resume as well as a brief writing sample [log in to unmask]<mailto:toheather%40hungershield.com>.

Clinical Nutritionist opening at Beth Israel Medical Center (Petrie Campus)

Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division, the University Hospital of Albert Einstein Medical School, is a 1,106-bed full-service tertiary teaching hospital located on 1st Avenue and East 16th Street in Mahattan. We are currently seeking a full-time inpatient Clinical Nutritionist to join our Clinical Nutrition staff in the Food and Nutrition Department. Candidates must be a Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian-eligible. Acute care and nutrition support experience highly preferred. Responsibilities included: Assess nutritional status of patients; develop nutritional care plans and document in medical record; monitor patient outcomes; provide nutrition education to patients/families; participate in interdisciplinary rounds.   We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please send coverletter and resume to:

Sally Wong, PhD, RD, CDN

Clinical Nutrition Manager

Beth Israel Medical Center

Petrie and Brooklyn Divisions

16th Street at 1st Avenue

New York, NY 10003

[log in to unmask]<mailto:SaWong%40chpnet.org>

(Dr. Wong is also an adjunct asst professor at Hunter!)

Registered Dietitian

United Staffing Systems

• Learn more about this company >>

• View all jobs at this company >>

Apply Now >>

Save it

| Email It

| Print it

Job Snapshot

Location :

130 William St, 5Th Floor

New York, NY 10038 ( Map it!)

Employee Type :

Full-Time

Industry :

Healthcare - Health Services

Manages Others :

Not Specified

Job Type :

Health Care

Experience :

Up to 1 year(s)

Post Date :

8/31/2012

Contact Information

Contact :

Francesca Saccone

Phone :

212-743-0268

Ref ID :

FS-RD

Fax :

212-743-0388

Description

Large hospital in New York is seeking a Nutritionist.

Some of the duties will include but not limited to:

• Responsible for the nutritional management of patients as per established protocol for screening, assessment, monitoring and education in Bariatric Surgery.

• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate protocols for the nutritional care of the patient.

• Evaluate food intolerances and provide healthy alternatives to help meet nutritional goals.

• Evaluate current management practices of dietary supplementation of macro and micro nutrients.

Please contact Francesca Saccone directly at: 212-743-0268 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]

Requirements

• MS degree.

• Must be Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association.

• Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred.

• Two years of hospital experience is preferred.

DIETITIAN Apex Rehabilitation & Care Center in Suffolk County is seeking a F/T Registered Dietitian with a minimum of 3 yrs experience in Rehab/ Nursing Home facility. Excellent salary & benefits Fax resume to (631) 592-6409 WEB ID ND16940838

Source - Newsday

RequirementsPlease refer to the Job Description to view the requirements for this job

COMPANY OVERVIEW

St. Ann's Community is well-known in Rochester for giving older adults truly exceptional care.

That reputation didn't come about by accident. It is the result of a rich tradition that began over 135 years ago.

We were founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1873 as a ministry of service. We gradually grew to provide a complete continuum of care, offering everything from independent senior living to 24-hour skilled nursing.

St. Ann's Community is now one of Rochester's largest private employers, with over 1000 dedicated employees. Our philosophy of Person-Centered Care means that each member of our community experiences life fully in a place filled with warmth, compassion and love

Learn More about St. Ann's Community

Visit Our Website

Clinical Dietitian Part Time Days Apply Now

JOB OVERVIEW

Company: St. Ann's Community

Required Education: Not Specified

Job Type: Health Care

Nonprofit - Social Services Required Experience: Not Specified

Base Pay: N/A Required Travel: Not Specified

Other Pay: Location: 1500 Portland Avenue

Rochester, NY 14621 ( Map it!)

Employee Type: Part-Time

Manages Others: Not Specified

Relocation Covered: Not Specified

Industry: Healthcare - Health Services

Not for Profit - Charitable

Reference ID: Not Available

JOB DESCRIPTION

St. Ann's Community is seeking a Clinical Dietitian to join their interdisciplianary team, and maintain the nutritional care programs for residents.

Essential Job Responsibilities:

* Assesses Resident nutritional needs within time frames by reviewing Resident record, Resident visitation and communication with other disciplines and family members; requests assistance from Clinical Dietitian as needed. Completes MDS & RAPS.

* Documents nutritional status with problems, develops care plan both for transient problems and for nutritional status, updates and documents response to plan with needed changes.

* Documents status including food intake on Admission, Annually, Semiannually, Quarterly and otherwise as needed using appropriate forms.

* Supervises Diet Technicians in assessment of nutritional status and development of nutritional care plan. Co-signs Nutritional Assessments and performs chart audits as assigned.

* Participates in Interdisciplinary Meetings for Residents including Preadmission Conference, Care Plan Meeting, Evaluation, Conference, Transient Meeting, and Treatment Teams. Develops Nutrition Discharge Plan. Upon Resident transfer to another facility, communicates Resident nutritional information.

View complete Job Description and apply directly @ www.stannsjobs.com<http://www.stannsjobs.com> to Job #6142 for this part time opportunity with our growing company.

JOB REQUIREMENTS

Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Nutrition, with one-year experience in Dietetics preferred.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?psa=1&Job_DID=JHQ7ZR6MCQFVV6TC5M9&sc_extcmp=JS_JobAlert_Title&ipath=PSSKG20U

MEDICAL COORDINATOR

HBS Professional Services is seeking a Med Coor.

for a skilled nursing facility in Queens, NY

Must have Medicaid/Medicare experience and be familiar

with Accounts Receivable. Long Term Care experience required.

Excellent Salary/Benefits.

Email resume: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]

Fax: (845) 918-1217

DIABETES EDUCATOR - BAY RIDGE NY Job

Requisition ID 9730BR

Title DIABETES EDUCATOR - BAY RIDGE NY

Job Description Diabetes Educator Job Description:

The field based Diabetes Educator is responsible for assessing, implementing and evaluating Diabetes Education based on ADA Standards of care. Educate primary care providers, specialists, Endocrinologists and other medical staff and patients on how to better manage people with diabetes according to national guidelines.

RELATIONSHIPS:

Reports to Manager - Diabetes Educator Program (DEP). Internally, works closely with sales, marketing, medical and legal personnel. External relationships include relations with patients, vendors and healthcare providers.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

Conduct Educational Programs In Primary Care Offices And Coordinate Program Implementation With Office Staff To Ensure All Critical Product And Clinical Knowledge Is Current.

Confer With Management To Gain Knowledge Of The Staffs' And Patients' Educational Needs And Recommends Specific Training Plans.

Evaluate Training And Implement New Programs To Keep Healthcare Providers Up-To-Date.

Facilitate Webinars, Conference Calls, Or Other Computer Based Training Offerings.

Implement Diabetes Curriculum And Direct Overall Staff Training Programs And Educational Goals.

Lead Diabetes Education For Targeted Healthcare Professionals.

Make High-Level Clinical Presentations To Managed Care Organizations And High Value Healthcare Professionals.

KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS

A minimum of 3 years relevant experience

Bachelors Degree required

Bilingual strongly preferred but not required (i.e. fluency in Spanish and English)

CDE Certification is preferred

Some diabetes care experience is required (eg. Registered Nurse, Registered Dietitian, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner or Pharmacist)

Excellent verbal/written communication skills are required.

Work independently in a field-based role

Department DM - NEW YORK METRO

Position Location US - Field Based - Across US

City Bay Ridge

State/Provinces US - NY

Degree Required Bachelor's Degree Required

Percent Travel 10 - 20%

Dietitian

HUMANA CLINICAL RESOURCES

Immediate opening for a Dietician to work in an outpatient medical facility in Auburn, NY.

Candidate must have appropriate NY state licensure and/or certification. No hospital coverage or after hours call.

Hours Monday thru Friday 8am - 5pm. No weekends or holidays required.

Excellent compensation and benefits.

To apply please send your CV to Diana Williams via email [log in to unmask]<mailto:todwilliams4%40humana.com> or by fax to 502-322-8157.

FULL TIME DIETITIAN

About the Job

FOUNDERS PAVILION

Immediate Need

FULL TIME DIETITIAN

The primary purpose of your job position is to assess diet therapies and instruct Residents on special diets according to physician's diet order or as deemed appropriate and assists Food Service Director in the total operation of the Dietary Department.

Apply online at:

www.founderspavilion.org<http://www.founderspavilion.org>

Or in person at:

Founders Pavilion

205 E. First Street

Corning, NY 14830

Health and Nutrition Services Spec/Site Manager

About the Job

ACCORD Corporations Child Care Services Division is hiring a Health and Nutrition Services Specialist and a Site Manager for Head Start. Please visit www.accordcorp.org<http://www.accordcorp.org> Employment Opportunities for a full description of job duties, experience and educational requirements, and salary information. ACCORD is an equal opportunity employer.

Account Supervisor - nutritional healthcare client

About the Job

Draftfcb Healthcare

With more than 30 years of experience marketing to health care professionals, Draftfcb Healthcare produces work that is both strategically relevant and creatively compelling. The agency provides its clients with a full spectrum of capabilities, including professional marketing, managed markets, medical education, digital, and strategic planning.

SUMMARY:

Responsible for working with clients and account executives to develop long-term advertising/marketing plans and strategies. Has overall responsibility for agency output while providing perspective leadership in the development of the highest quality client service. Ensure coordinated approach to advertising techniques, both traditional and non-traditional. Recommend new and innovative approaches and directions to accomplish client's marketing goals and objectives.

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Provide strategic recommendations and manage all agency resources to ensure the client's marketing needs are met

• Conceive, develop and execute marketing communications and promotions on client's behalf, which match their marketing objectives and strategies

• Recommend sound business initiatives pertaining to the product and markets that enhances sales and marketing objectives while enforcing the agency's image as a vital resource to the product team

• Daily communication with client to establish and maintain positive working relationships

• Maintain strong relationships with all levels of client management

• Manage all jobs relating to account

• Oversee all day-to-day activities of various agency departments ensuring the delivery of a high quality product within specific deadlines

• Act as team leader to ensure integration of agency disciplines (medical, media, art, copy, accounting, traffic, creative, library services)

• Financial management of accounts (determine annual fee, prepare contracts, oversee job hours and expenses, budget for future estimates)

• P&L on assigned products

• Manage, motivate, and develop account team

• May work with other departments to develop and execute strategies that will build the client's business

• Perform other related duties as required and assigned by supervisor

• Prior advertising experience on a pharma/healthcare client required, preferably nutrition or hospital client

• Nutrition and enteral feeding category experience a plus

• Demonstrate the ability to be confident and quick on your feet in front of clients

• Must know how to develop plans and demonstrate strategic thinking

• Experience writing creative briefs

• Understand Agency processes and be able to partner with creative team

• Experienced in managing budgets and timelines

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=113746367&aid=111304036&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10

__._,_.___

Reply to sender <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Reply to group <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

TRENDING

Permanent Magnet Motor Free Energy > <http://search.yahoo.com/sponsored_search?ei=UTF-8&fr=ygroupsmail3&p=Permanent+Magnet+Motor+Free+Energy> Cheap Electricity > <http://search.yahoo.com/sponsored_search?ei=UTF-8&fr=ygroupsmail3&p=Cheap+Electricity> Dog Games > <http://search.yahoo.com/sponsored_search?ei=UTF-8&fr=ygroupsmail3&p=Dog+Games>

Recent Activity:

Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD

Culinary Nutrition Communications

www.chefkyle.com<http://www.chefkyle.com>

Twitter:  @chefkylerd

LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/chefkylerd

[http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdW9hZ3QzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzQ3MTEyNTk5]<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdW9hZ3QzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzQ3MTEyNTk5>