NFS-L Archives

April 2015

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:06:09 +0000

Hello!
Now that the 2015 Dietetic Internship match has ended, I want to offer an educational and clinical opportunity to your students who may have not matched this round. Plymouth State University's hallmark program, "The Eating Disorders Institute" provides students with additional and comprehensive dietetic expertise in the field of eating disorders in just 4 courses and 1-100 hour clinical rotation experience. Courses can be taken in either the NH or AZ location and there are opportunities for scholarships and financial aid. 100% of our students going through the  M.E.d eating disorder institute program get matched the first time.

This program is the oldest in the country and is dedicated to teaching health care providers, registered dietitians, mental health providers, educators, and outreach professionals about the awareness, prevention, treatment, medical aspects, and counseling of eating disorders.

For students who may have not matched or for those interested in the field, this is the perfect opportunity. The entire program can be done in less than 1 year or can be combined with a Master's degree and completed in 18 months. EDI students with degrees in nutrition have matched 100% of the time for a dietetic internship. They have communicated that they felt more prepared during specific rotations and their increased knowledge was noted by their preceptors and other clinicians.

The EDI is taught in two locations, NH and AZ with 4 educators traveling between both locations. Each educator is an expert in the field with impressive credentials.
Please forward this opportunity to your students who may have an interest in eating disorders. The next introduction course is July in NH and need to enroll by June.

"The EDI has given me the opportunity to impress my RD preceptors with my drive to specialize in eating disorders and even teach them something new!
Word spread about my ED knowledge and interdisciplinary team members have reached out to me for my professional opinion. The EDI has given me confidence
to network in the field and meet other professionals." - Christina Oiler, Dietetic Intern
The next introduction course, "Awareness and Prevention of Eating Disorders" is being offered in NH in July and is all online. Please forward this to any students or colleagues who may be interested in specializing in the field or who desire more clinical experience. The attached documents give additional information.

Contact Dr. Margaret Burckes-Miller, director of the program to learn more and sign up. She can be reached at 603.535.2515 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you for your time,

Jenna Nagy
Graduate assistant of Mardie Burckes-Miller