NFS-L Archives

May 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Kim McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2014 14:36:47 +0000
Please see below.
________________________________

Compass Nutrition Seeks Student Intern:

What you will learn:
·  Writing nutrition newsletters
·  Researching nutrition articles
·  Recipe development
·  Observing nutrition counseling sessions and corporate presentations
·  Conducting blood pressure screenings
·  Electronic Medical Record Exposure
·  General Office Duties (scanning, copying, answering phones, greeting patients, scheduling appointments etc.)

What we require:
·  Friendliness
·  Responsibility
·  Time Management
·  Organizational Skills
·  Detail-Oriented
·  Can handle basic administrative tasks
·  Works well with patients
·  Can work independently but can also be a team player
·  Enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student studying nutrition, dietetics or other health related program

Past Projects and Areas of Emphasis Have Included:
·  Create a patient handout
·  Lead a corporate wellness nutrition presentation
·  Menu analysis of local restaurants
·  Supplement label research

What Past Compass Nutrition Interns Said About Their Experience:

"I feel I made so many educational gains through this experience that I felt myself engaging my knowledge into real world scenarios. So although it was hard work, I would go through the whole experience all over again and not change a single detail."

We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in nutrition research, nutrition writing, KaiZen electronic medical records, nutrition blood pressure screenings and understanding the role of a registered dietitian in private practice. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have opportunities to network with all three dietitians and other professionals in the healthcare field. This is a great opportunity to include on a dieteticinternship application where you could showcase being a well-rounded experienced student.

Details: The position will begin June 2014 OR August 2014 and ends June 1st, 2015 with the option to continue. The hours are flexible around your school schedule however once you set a schedule for the semester you are expected to keep those hours. You are expected to work at least 8 hours per week. This is an unpaid position however you will receive a letter of recommendation after completing at least 12 months of the internship.

How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and updated resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

--
CC:
Adiana Castro MS, RDN, CDN

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attached files are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient (s). This communication may contain material protected by any and all privileges associated with the provision of health services. If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering this confidential communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error,  then any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying, or other distribution of this e-mail message and any attached files is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this confidential communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message and permanently delete the original message and destroy all copies of the original message. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact Compass Nutrition LLC. Thank you.