NFS-L Archives

September 2012

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Attiqa Mirza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 14:13:36 -0400
Hello CUNY School of Public Health Faculty and Students,

The Paley Center for Media has offered free tickets (& wine!) to a
screening of *Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare* to the
CUNY School of Public Health community. Just show up and tell them who you
are with.

Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American
Healthcare<http://www.paleycenter.org/paleydocfest-df2012-escape-fire>
Monday, October 1, 2012
6:30 pm ET
25 West 52 Street (between Fifth & Sixth Avenues)

IN PERSON

Matthew Heineman and Susan Froemke, Filmmakers
Dr. Dean Ornish, Founder and President, The Preventive Medicine Research
Institute

With a clarion call for action, Escape Fire argues that we MUST DO
SOMETHING drastic to save our badly damaged healthcare system. Acclaimed
filmmakers Matthew Heineman and Susan Froemke deftly weave expert
commentary and dramatic intimate stories to illuminate the failures of our
nation’s medical industry, a system that is more concerned with disease
than health. This powerful documentary, a must-see for both providers and
patients, examines why the more we spend on medical care, the worse the
situation becomes, with an out-of-control system threatening to destroy the
national economy. After the screening, the filmmakers will discuss how they
are using their outreach campaign to change the public conversation on
healthcare.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".