NFS-L Archives

November 2014

NFS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2014 13:23:57 +0000

Subject: Screening of Cowspiracy in the auditorium on Monday Nov 10 - 4:30pm and 8pm

HI everyone
I arranged a documentary screening for a new film that will be relevant to one of the discussions that we will be having in the Food Politics & Policy class I am co-teaching with Arlene. I reserved the auditorium  so that we could have a big screen and a more movie-like experience. But that also means that we are going to have lots of empty seats. So I wanted to invite all Hunter public health and nutrition students, as well as faculty and staff (and their friends and/or family.)

I don't think that either my own nor Ellen's Nutrition I class can attend since both sections are having an exam the next day. I might also arrange a 3rd screening if there is any interest.  I have asked Seren Weschler to publicize it to the Nutrition Club.

It would be great if y'all could attend if the timing is doable. And if you could please pass this info along to other faculty, staff and students at Hunter, would be much appreciated. (I'm not sure how to send out emails to groups there.)  Also if there is any place to post it--online or on a bulletin board--that would be great too.

What's the secret that environmental groups want to keep on the down low?

Find out in the new documentary COWSPIRACY

Traller here:   http://vimeo.com/95436726

WHAT:   FREE screening at Hunter uptown  - 119th/3rd, School of Public Health (bring your ID)
WHEN: Monday 10 November.
TIME: Two showings: 4:30pm to 6pm (please arrive by 4:20) and 8pm to 9:30pm (please arrive by 7:50)
WHERE:  Auditorium on the 2nd floor
WHO:  Hunter students, faculty, staff (and friends & family) are invited, space permitting
RSVP: To reserve a space, email your RSVP to adjunct ass. nutrition professor, Martica Heaner PhD
at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  Provide the following in your email:
- Your full name
- Your time preference (4:30pm or 8pm)
- The number of people who will be attending (with names)
- Indicate your Hunter affiliation (student, faculty, staff)

thank you!
Martica
Martica Heaner PhD, MA, MEd
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Nutrition
CUNY School of Public Health
Hunter College
Silberman Bldg, 2180 Third Avenue (at E. 119th St)